U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
reports seem to suggest Trumps own party have finally realised he is toxic, and have stopped him talking to the media.

its funny, i havent seen anyone use the term TDS recently despite all the bagging of Trump. i assume his (former) supporters are a little too embarrassed these days.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
reports seem to suggest Trumps own party have finally realised he is toxic, and have stopped him talking to the media.

its funny, i havent seen anyone use the term TDS recently despite all the bagging of Trump. i assume his (former) supporters are a little too embarrassed these days.
Check twitter. The Sky news right wingers are still using it.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
i shake my head so much lately at the state of politics that I feel like a bobble head.
the United States is totally *smile* in regards to leadership. The Dipshit-in-Chief is bad enough but even if he is somehow removed from office, the Vice Dip**** won’t be that much better, probably even worse. Saw him on the news the other day touring the Mayo clinic and refusing to wear a face mask. This is despite the clinics regulations saying a mask must be worn. Everyone else wore one. This is a medical facility. He gave 2 reasons for not wearing one. First was he is tested regularly ( that may or may not be true, he is a politician after all). Second reason was he wanted to look people in the eye. Maybe he mistook the term mask to mean he would be wearing something like Darth Vader wore? A simple look around at EVERYONE else would have made him realise that the eyes weren’t covered.
Now onto today’s photo opportunity. He is touring a factory. This time wearing a mask AND safety glasses.
Does this mean he now has the virus and needed to coverup? Or did someone get in the ****head’s ear and tell him it wasn’t an appropriate look previously?

Last edited by a moderator:

TV Josh

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2005
Melbourne, VIC
i shake my head so much lately at the state of politics that I feel like a bobble head.
the United States is totally ****** in regards to leadership. The Dipshit-in-Chief is bad enough but even if he is somehow removed from office, the Vice Dip**** won’t be that much better, probably even worse. Saw him on the news the other day touring the Mayo clinic and refusing to wear a face mask. This is despite the clinics regulations saying a mask must be worn. Everyone else wore one. This is a medical facility. He gave 2 reasons for not wearing one. First was he is tested regularly ( that may or may not be true, he is a politician after all). Second reason was he wanted to look people in the eye. Maybe he mistook the term mask to mean he would be wearing something like Darth Vader wore? A simple look around at EVERYONE else would have made him realise that the eyes weren’t covered.
Now onto today’s photo opportunity. He is touring a factory. This time wearing a mask AND safety glasses.
Does this mean he now has the virus and needed to coverup? Or did someone get in the ****head’s ear and tell him it wasn’t an appropriate look previously?

In in the next 5 days Pence is probably going to have a 20-30min face to face with Trump, ie. while infectious, but showing no symptoms. Pence is 60 years old, Trump is 73, I'd be worried if I was Trump. Maybe Pence is gambling on inheriting the role before the election? It's not like the US doesn't have a history of murdering its presidents.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
most likely is that the only scientists that Pence and the other politicians listen to are poll analysts... who told him to cover up for the sake of the election

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Only good old boys could walk into parliament armed with assault rifles and not be labelled terrorists.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
will win in a canter
He may. But if he does it doesn’t change who he is.
it’s totally up to the people of the United States who their president is and if they elect a narcissistic douche bag then it’s on their heads.
I fear for my friends there and they have told me they fear for themselves and their country because they are also concerned he may be re-elected

Reactions: 1 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
it’s totally up to the people of the United States who their president is and if they elect a narcissistic douche bag then it’s on their heads.
I fear for my friends there and they have told me they fear for themselves and their country because they are also concerned he may be re-elected
its not that i think its what should happen.
The country is split and divided.
Segregation remains in the culture and it can be like visiting 3 different countries in the one place.

My guess is that the religious right and midwest will vote for him again.
And his pitch will be that he saved the country.

And that he will be the best person to stand up to china to make them pay for this pandemic.
"Did a family member or friend die from the china flu? Vote for me and I will show them that America is boss."
Which he will do, and then the next day change his mind and support stronger relations with China.
In the meantime he will have slipped in tax cuts for billionaires.

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

Actually that is not strictly true.

It is up to the states which make up the USA to elect the president.

The President is elected by the electoral college. How each state elects/appoints their electoral college representatives is a decision for each state. The fact that they all do it by an election is not a given.

If you think this is just theory, remember the issue with the ballots in Florida after the election Al Gore lost. Not long after the election the Florida State legislature declared that Gore had lost and Bush had the electoral college votes for Florida. Not sure how that would have played out but they do have this power. Also, we see the legislation from state houses which restrict and positively discourage voting by certain groups, and this has a real effect on the result. Remember it is the states that determine the electoral laws separately for each state.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Actually that is not strictly true.

It is up to the states which make up the USA to elect the president.

The President is elected by the electoral college. How each state elects/appoints their electoral college representatives is a decision for each state. The fact that they all do it by an election is not a given.

If you think this is just theory, remember the issue with the ballots in Florida after the election Al Gore lost. Not long after the election the Florida State legislature declared that Gore had lost and Bush had the electoral college votes for Florida. Not sure how that would have played out but they do have this power. Also, we see the legislation from state houses which restrict and positively discourage voting by certain groups, and this has a real effect on the result. Remember it is the states that determine the electoral laws separately for each state.

DS
Sure they have plenty of issues with their electoral system including a gerrymander. I remember posting at the time of the last election that only 4 times in US history has the candidate getting the most votes not won the US presidency. 2 of those were in the 19th century , Al Gore got 500,000 more votes and Hilary Clinton who won the popular vote by 3 million votes. Trump won 46% of the popular vote and 55% of the electoral college votes.
Of course that’s the system they have and unless there is a change or 2 million Californians move states it may happen again