US AFL Combine | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

US AFL Combine

He'll take as many marks as Spudson and get just as many taps. Sign him up and trade the Dud!

Re: Mason Cox International Rookie

buenavista said:
Exactly. We are flat developing what we have and they have all been brought up playing the Aussie game.

Not to single you out, but this sort of attitude seems totally defeatest to me. Why bother getting any player if we are so bad at developing anyone. We may as well pack up shop now.

Over the last couple of years I've had the opportunity to see how the AFL develops young kids from as early as 12 years old via the interleague system and TAC first hand - it is very proffessional. Trust me when i tell you the criteria for staying in the 'system' as junior is way way WAY lower if you look like you may be able to grow to 200cm. The reason being it is so hard to find a decent monster who can play the game. Look no further than Hamster and Graham for ready to hand examples. And these are the relative 'success' stories. Ive seen a number of young Somalian guys getting a pretty easy ride through the system just because they have a decent spring.

We already know this dude can run faster and jump higher than anyone else in the league. Natanui just got another massive 4 year contract on the strength of that.

To me this is an absolute no brainer. All we have to do is teach him to mark and dish off a handall. Remember how unco Sandilands was at 23? Its not much different to this guy, i bet.

Re: Mason Cox International Rookie

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
Can someone teach the Hampavan to do this?
No. This is why we are trying to teach someone who's never played the game before.....it's easier than trying to teach Hampy.

Mr Magic said:
He'll take as many marks as Spudson and get just as many taps. Sign him up and trade the Dud!
Best we get for him is pick 198 in rookie draft.

ToraToraTora said:
Predictably Very Big Cox has signed with the Pies.
Oh well. Will be interesting on how he pans out. The American experiment began in the 60s or 70s when North brought a player out. Then 20 years ago Sheedy tried it with Duane Armstrong(?). St Kilda have Holmes ATM and there's another floating around. Frankston have one too.m

So the only North American success is Mike PYke I think.

ToraToraTora said:

Geez....who would've thought. I'm surprised the multi-millionaire Swans didn't go for him too.

tigertim said:
Oh well. Will be interesting on how he pans out. The American experiment began in the 60s or 70s when North brought a player out. Then 20 years ago Sheedy tried it with Duane Armstrong(?). St Kilda have Holmes ATM and there's another floating around. Frankston have one too.m

So the only North American success is Mike PYke I think.

That's because he's Canadian and has played rugby. If most Irish experiments have failed, there'd be less success with US ones.

ToraToraTora said:

Not sure whether to bag our recruiting guys for being done over by the Scum again or simply say the big Seppo flog is a massive tool and they deserve each other.

good get by Collingwood.

we should sift through the other guys. Its a free hit.