US AFL Combine | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

US AFL Combine

tigertim said:
Mason Cox; 211cm, 348cm vertical jump, 20m in 3 seconds and 11.59 3 km time trial. I wonder how current AFL rucks compare?

Amazing figures!

Josh Warren looks to be quite an athletic tall too.

ToraToraTora said:
I've been told Very Big Cox will try out at Richmond.
North Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Collingwood, Richmond, Fremantle and the Sydney Swans are in the market for the US rookies

ToraToraTora said:
I've been told Very Big Cox will try out at Richmond.

If he does I hope Shaun Hampson doesn't get Andy Lee'd.

uhuh uhuh said:
North Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Collingwood, Richmond, Fremantle and the Sydney Swans are in the market for the US rookies

Not just attend the combine. There are supposedly 4 clubs that have invited him down. He'll test at all 4 I spose.

Re: US AFL Conbine

Richmond head a list of four teams interested in the services of US Athlete Mason Cox.
At 211cm in height he would become the tallest AFL Player.
Richmond need a change, they need fresh blood!
What do we say tigerland! Let's Get Him!!!

Mason Cox to tigerland!!!!! 8-

Well he can move alright. Explosive as hell for his size. Probably a stronger build than McBean but would be 2 years in the gym. And then there's the skills. It all seems just too hard for us. Will probably carve out 3 years at Coll.

Can we sign him at any point or only end of year?

I hope we take the punt. Of the american prospects so far he seems like the best one yet.

415ee0c598e7635cb6fda68474bba7df.jpeg

Dud. Delist.

Hope we get him. It would nice to set a trend for once rather than be 3 or 4 years behind.

tigertim said:
Great, now we can't event get the US duds.....

:hihi Don't worry timmy, he'll be back home in an instant as soon as an NBA team shouts an offer.

how does it work if more than one club is interested? does the player choose which club he wants?

Waist of time getting him, ruckman in general take a lot of work and persistence to get to AFL level, and that is with kids with good footy schooling, and lets be honest our success in developing ruckman is not the best