VFL Richmond v GWS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

VFL Richmond v GWS

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
What role is The Coaltrain playing?
Small forward. Looks a smart player and good user.

Biggy playing well up forward, if only he'd kicked straight (has 1.4). Should have passed to Banks instead of having that set shot from the boundary. But presenting well, getting up the ground, taking marks. Might need to get him in the ones to give Samson a breather soon.

Steely kicked 2.2 in the second quarter, and should have kicked the two he missed.

Sonz all class as per.

Minsuano still refusing to put his arms in the air. (It's like he just don't care.)

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
What role is The Coaltrain playing?
Looks like his "role" is teaching Bradtke how to be a small forward :)

Being serious, he's playing small forward, is getting up the ground a bit. He just about sharked a boundary throw in at almost full tilt, a shame he didn't because he was a chance of kicking what would've been a great goal.

Reactions: 1 users

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
to me there is a lot of selfish play, kicking it long rather than handball to a clear player

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Small forward. Looks a smart player and good user.

Biggy playing well up forward, if only he'd kicked straight (has 1.4). Should have passed to Banks instead of having that set shot from the boundary. But presenting well, getting up the ground, taking marks. Might need to get him in the ones to give Samson a breather soon.

Steely kicked 2.2 in the second quarter, and should have kicked the two he missed.

Sonz all class as per.

Minsuano still refusing to put his arms in the air. (It's like he just don't care.)

Biggy doing well. The 1.4 is a bit unfair on him really. 1st was a great kick from the pocket but touched off the boot, then hit the post from about 55m, missed 1 he should have kicked from about 25m in front, kicked one from a similar position and as you say, should have given the other 1 off to Banks.

Steely missed at least 1 he should have kicked, from the top of the square. Looking good up forward, kicked a really nice roving one from a Miller tap at a F50 stoppage.

Sonsie when he has the ball is all class BUT when he doesn't have it, I see what the coaches are trying to eek out of him. Takes a lot of small steps when running defensively shows he's not running that hard. Running much harder when he can get the ball but needs to do the same both ways.

Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
BTW I reckon Himmelberg is definitely in play. Both Derkson and Grewsewski look good in their 2's so I think if they can get an end of 1st or early 2nd (depending on where they finish) as compo then I think they will let him walk.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
5.14! Geez, send out a message to the players to aim at kicking a behind, they might kick a goal!

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Bradtke can’t hold marks keeps dropping them
Has he got baby hands? Should be called Tyranosaurus Rex

clown

Tiger Superstar
Mar 16, 2004
Shocking kicking for goal. That Bradke kid need to pull his finger out looks weak despite his size and lacking effort

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Just as an example of Sonsie. Just then (13.30 in the 3rd, picks the ball up on the edge of the 50, poor handball inside and GWS turn it over, within a few seconds 2 players that were on Sonz stream past him and 1 is a good 15m away from him when the ball is pushed out of bounds. If it didn't go out, then Sonz was massively out of position and his man would have been away.

Definitely seeing what people have been saying about his defensive workrate. His skill is unquestionable, but he needs to increase his workrate if he wants to make it at the level above. I hope it clicks in him mind soon, as I don't think it has yer and we might not see him back in the AFL until that attitude to defensive workrate changes.

Reactions: 1 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Do they not use Grippo or similar any more?
Can't hold a mark to save their lives.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Bradtke drops another mark that’s 3 this qtr and we’re halfway thru the 3rd

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Bradtke can’t hold marks keeps dropping them
Has he got baby hands? Should be called Tyranosaurus Rex
He's coming off a broken hand. Raw but has tools. Still young in the game given he went the cricket path first and didn't come via the elite pathways.

Reactions: 3 users

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
Bradtke has dropped so many marks the last few weeks. Probably grasping at straws here but could his recently broken hand be contributing to this? Was taking these marks in the first two rounds…

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
This around the corner kick is becoming the worst habit in the AFL.

• Angry