We are now 9th | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

We are now 9th

OldTiger1967

Tiger Rookie
Jun 3, 2017
We are now out of the 8.

It's going to be a long journey back. Injured players returning will need games to get match fit. Our current youngen's are feeling the length of the season.

Only time will tell. But the footy Gods don't seem to be on our side........

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I'd have to agree, no matter how good the players are it takes a couple of games to get back to speed. I still think we can and should make the 8 but it isn't going to be easy in the finals. If we can get the players back and a few games into them in time we have a chance to do well.

DS

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Good run home, players coming back. I still reckon we will go deep in finals. Reckon we are a chance at the cup.

Cats will drop off as shown tonight.. it's Collingwood and GwS as main competitors

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
We won't lose another game.

Meanwhile, Geelong are cooked.

First is still up for grabs.

Reactions: 1 users

gutfull

Tiger Superstar
Jul 6, 2013
Geelong will cop some injuries & l mentioned this to my injury god .He told me he will fix them up ...
Tigers will rally to much talent , will make finals and do a bulldogs..

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Reckon we’ll still scrape in but won’t cause too much damage in September.

I’m taking this as a long pre-season for 2020.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
We need jack, lambs and nakas back and we will be ok. Especially if we finish 5th or 6th.
Don’t want to play us in September on the G.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Wish I had a crystal ball. I've no idea what the rest of the season brings.
Fascinating back half on the year ahead. Good draw, plenty of home games, players coming back?
Anything's possible.

Reactions: 1 user

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Need to scrap and earn wins now....percentage is our enemy, its wins or donuts from here

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
I expect us to make the finals with a great run at the G to finish the season. If we can get our better players on the park we can cause a lot of damage. Collingwood from last year is our precedent.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Need to scrap and earn wins now....percentage is our enemy, its wins or donuts from here

All teams in the 8 have at least 14% better percentage so we'll need to win 1 more than we might have with a better percentage. Even Essendon 1 game behind us have an 8% advantage. Need to win 5 of last 9, 6 to be sure. I'm not super confident. A good win against Saints to put them out of finals contention would be a good start.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Good opportunity to light a fire in the belly and challenge the players to play team first football

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
A couple of sides in the 8 are likely to drop out, and with a good run we can sneak in. It’s a very even season.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
We will relive the spirit of the 2014 invincibles in rds 15 -23

We were 3 -10 then, now we are 7- 6. Finish 4th .Thump Geelong in the first qualifying on a wet September night, wreak revenge on Pies in the preliminary and show West Coast what a real premiership side looks like in the granny with Rancey, Stacky and Ross tieing for the Norm Smith

Reactions: 1 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
We get lions and power at the G helps keep the results in our own hands

Power and dockers play each other in the last round which is helpful.

Confident on the condition we don’t keep getting injuries and we get our good players back on deck

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Must beat Saints. That puts us 2 games above them. Then if Essendon loses against GWS it puts us 2 games ahead of 10th. We'll then still likely be 9th as Port play Bulldogs nad Fremantle play Carlton both at home. Gonna be very tight. All teams around us have similar difficulty for remainder of draw. Might even come down to our last game against Brisbane.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Just to try and put a difficulty score on the draw remaining for the clubs around us that will now likely affect whether we play finals or not I have added points for games to play against ladder position of other teams. The higher the score the easier the remaining draw. So from easiest to hardest:

- Saints 99
- Brisbane 92
- Fremantle 92
- Adelaide 86
- Richmond 84
- Essendon 84
- Port 82

I reckon Essendon are probably done and dusted based on their draw. Saints by far the easiest, they only play Geelong in the top 4 and only 2 of current top 8 sides in their remaining games (we play 5 in the top 8) For us Saints, Port and Brisbane are must wins. Beat the others we should beat Carlton, Melbourne and Gold Coast and that should give us enough wins to make the finals.