We are now 9th | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

We are now 9th

i hope level heads prevail and we don’t rush people back for the sake of chasing finals. tinker and unearth what we have , if we win a games bonus but ffs..
don’t bother with jack rance ross and nank just get them right

I ran autotip 5 times and it put us 4th,5th,6th,7th and 9th. Like the rest of us it's clueless.

Well... it runs Gaussian simulations.. so it's about probabilities. It got us finishing top two last year around this time of year... Not sure why you get different results than I do though.

Maybe it factors in user optimism :)

I tried MR Squiggle for myself and have us finishing on 13 wins and missing out on the 8 on percentage with 100.6%. Brisbane 8th with 108.8% and Adelaide 7th with 110.6%. Surprised me a bit as I thought 6 wins out of 9 would get us in easy. Top 4 looks set to me.

Well... it runs Gaussian simulations.. so it's about probabilities. It got us finishing top two last year around this time of year... Not sure why you get different results than I do though.

Maybe it factors in user optimism :)

It's broken I think. It just predicted Carlton will win 6 games o_O

Hehe, its latest prediction has us beating Collingwood by 1 point and West Coast by 83 points.

What is wrong with you guys?

So many positives from first half of the year. First quarter against Geelong says to me we can own them again come finals time when we have some more class to take advantage of our pressure.

I thought only composure cost us the game against Adelaide and basically being a goal behind and to be controlling the first half of the last quarter was beyond my expectations.

Too much goldfish syndrome in here being dazzled by bells and whistles. We are still Richmond comrades and no team scares me if we can roll out anything approaching full strength

Reactions: 3 users
What is wrong with you guys?

So many positives from first half of the year. First quarter against Geelong says to me we can own them again come finals time when we have some more class to take advantage of our pressure.

I thought only composure cost us the game against Adelaide and basically being a goal behind and to be controlling the first half of the last quarter was beyond my expectations.

Too much goldfish syndrome in here being dazzled by bells and whistles. We are still Richmond comrades and no team scares me if we can roll out anything approaching full strength

That's it. I fear no one if we get the band back together.

Hawthorn 2018
Port Adelaide 2007
Fremantle 2006
St.Kilda 2005

All 9th after 14 rounds and finished top four.

Yes - plenty to like and a great stat to have.

Doing the ladder predictor and having every team higher on the ladder win, we ended up a one game clear in 8th (port finished 9th so they must have a harder run home).

Meant we play the lions in Brisbane which I would take in a heart beat.

Long way to go yet

I tried MR Squiggle for myself and have us finishing on 13 wins and missing out on the 8 on percentage with 100.6%. Brisbane 8th with 108.8% and Adelaide 7th with 110.6%. Surprised me a bit as I thought 6 wins out of 9 would get us in easy. Top 4 looks set to me.

I don’t know for sure but I doubt anyone on 13 wins has ever missed out.

I wish a shared the optimism of others. At full strength I have zero doubt we would be there right til the end. Unfortunately, the unknowns around Riewoldt, Nankervis and Lambert’s injuries and their return dates - plus the Rance factor, I’m just not sold this is our year to be honest.

Anything is possible though and the fact we won as many games as we did without many key players and a lot of players out of form has given us a chance.