We are now 9th | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

We are now 9th

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
I personally don't care for the top 4

Week's break after the final round, play a bottom half of 8 team in the first final which should be just a warm up game for us, if we have players back.
Next final against a loser from the top 4
Third final against a top 4 side that's played 1 game in a month, while we are honed from a break then two games
Then the GF on our turf in our yellow strip!

It would be a great story to take the flag in 2019 considering the injuries we've had.

And forget the talk of Collingwood's injuries in 2018. The players they had out are no better than those they had in.

In our case, we're talking All Australians, Captain, Both Vice Captains, Depity Vice Captain etc etc etc

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
I think we are all hoping Jack, Nank etc are just going to come in & be there old selves & suddenly transform us. You would imagine though it will take them all a few weeks to get back their touch & match fitness. Given we are 2 games off the top 4 I think we would be happy to make the 8 given all that has happened. But if we can scrape into the 8 & with a few games under the returning players belts hopefully cause some damage & put a bit of fear into some teams.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Top 5 or 6 would be ok.

Still gives us a chance at finals at the MCG for all three games (assuming we won them).

The extra bonus being we could knock off a Geelong at our home ground whilst finishing outside the top 4. The meltdowns would be glorious.

Reactions: 1 user

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Top 5 or 6 would be ok.

Still gives us a chance at finals at the MCG for all three games (assuming we won them).

The extra bonus being we could knock off a Geelong at our home ground whilst finishing outside the top 4. The meltdowns would be glorious.
Yep knocking out Geelong at the G in their home final again would be fantastic.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
I wish a shared the optimism of others. At full strength I have zero doubt we would be there right til the end. Unfortunately, the unknowns around Riewoldt, Nankervis and Lambert’s injuries and their return dates - plus the Rance factor, I’m just not sold this is our year to be honest.

Anything is possible though and the fact we won as many games as we did without many key players and a lot of players out of form has given us a chance.

Agree, the fact we are still in the hunt given our injury run is the reason for optimism and that we play so many games on the G.

Still a long way to go and perhaps also conditional that the injury gods have finished with us and spend more time at other top 8 clubs.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I don’t know for sure but I doubt anyone on 13 wins has ever missed out.

8th, North, had 14 wins in 2012 but still would have made it with 13 unless they'd lost to Saints instead of won where they would have both ended up with 13 wins and North would have missed out on percentage. But to answer your question, no, there has never been a team miss out with 13 wins.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Hawthorn 2018
Port Adelaide 2007
Fremantle 2006
St.Kilda 2005

All 9th after 14 rounds and finished top four.

Hawks last year won 7 of their last 9 but their last 9 games were against 6th,7th 8th,11th,14th,15th,16th,17th,18th. Extremely easy draw. They also had 1 more win after 14 and a much better percentage.

To make top 4 would require us to win 3 more games in the last 9 than one of GWS or West Coast or 4 more than Collingwood or 5 more than Geelong. Only way that will happen is if we win at least 8 of our games and hope they drop a few.. If we win 8 we'll deserve to be top 4.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Hawks last year won 7 of their last 9 but their last 9 games were against 6th,7th 8th,11th,14th,15th,16th,17th,18th. Extremely easy draw. They also had 1 more win after 14 and a much better percentage.

To make top 4 would require us to win 3 more games in the last 9 than one of GWS or West Coast or 4 more than Collingwood or 5 more than Geelong. Only way that will happen is if we win at least 8 of our games and hope they drop a few.. If we win 8 we'll deserve to be top 4.

All set up for a Tigerish fight against the odds. Need to get behind the team and knock over the obstacles one week at a time.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
8th, North, had 14 wins in 2012 but still would have made it with 13 unless they'd lost to Saints instead of won where they would have both ended up with 13 wins and North would have missed out on percentage. But to answer your question, no, there has never been a team miss out with 13 wins.
Good research tigerlove!

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk

Essendon missed out with 14 wins in 2013 ;)

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
Then after we take the flag at both levels, our reserves side having got the foundation started to the bye, the only question is which team goes out to allow a Richmond A into the competition.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
A somewhat duped post as i initially posted in the Injury thread, but then found this thread which is more apt!

Last year 13 wins got Geelong into 8th position with the worst percentage of those on equal points, if we work on a similar scenario we will need to win 6 from 9. Taking a look i have put my own chance percentages for both wins and losses which i am sure is up for debate with the masses:

Win Categories
Lock in wins: Saints/Suns/Carlton
70/30 us: Brisbane/Melbourne
60/40 us: Port Adelaide

Loss
30/70 us: GWS
20/80 us: Pies/Eagles

Last edited:

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I personally don't care for the top 4

Week's break after the final round, play a bottom half of 8 team in the first final which should be just a warm up game for us, if we have players back.
Next final against a loser from the top 4
Third final against a top 4 side that's played 1 game in a month, while we are honed from a break then two games
Then the GF on our turf in our yellow strip!

If we can finish 5th or 6th, I would fancy our chances. the biggest issue would be travelling to Perth for a final. That would screw us. But if we can make a prelim against the cats or pies at the G or the Giants away, I'll take that. 1 week at a time though.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Poor ol' Wankard Healy couldn't resist last night on OTC. We've gone a long way since the 90s and he still has the nerve to carry on with this joke.