WEEK 1 FINALS 2021 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

WEEK 1 FINALS 2021

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Port look like us except they have no champion key forwards or champion defenders or GOATs. What they have is elite kicks all over the park, which we've never had.

Burton and Bonner are softer than Jayden Short, but they're better kicks. McKenzie and Whatshisname the skipper are 6'2 key defenders but Aliir saves their arses and McKenzie has a cannon of a leg. Houston's a great kick, Amon's a great kick, Marshall's a great kick, so are Georgiades, Motlop, Rozee, Gray and Fantasia. None of them are bad kicks, at least not as diabolical as George, or KMac and Marlion at times.

Like us, they play with speed and pressure, but they move the ball streets better by foot.

I thought the same last night. they are a counterfeit Richmond.

and a pretty poor fake.

Boak, Gray are old stars, Wines is good.

They have a lot of pretty ordinary blokes who play out of their skin in Adelaide.

and of their young 'stars' I only really rate butters. Rozee is like a 6 foot Josh Jenkins

If Covid takes off in WA and Brisbane, they could win the flag,

but I dont think they are good enough otherwise. and what kind of premiership side has a club epidemiologist?

Dixon is a humungous potato. He's everything Tom Lynch isn't.

plus Ladmans only really had one good year.

Max and Jackson will demolish them.

Reactions: 3 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Ok, here's todays fun activity,

coin the new term for Geelongywobbles. It's time.

PussyFinalFarts?

What a time to be alive.

Happytodo'emslowlys?

geez I enjoyed that last night. Reaffirmed that one crooked *smile* can't wreck footy.

8thlong?

get *smile* Steven Hocking. Get *smile* Chris Scott. Frauds. Fakes. Imposters.

The Mighty CAntS?

oooooo, oooo, ooooo, ive got it. my official entry

The HomeandAway Handbaggers (but-mostly-home)?
Finals time is Pussy Trembler time.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I thought the same last night. they are a counterfeit Richmond.

and a pretty poor fake.

Boak, Gray are old stars, Wines is good.

They have a lot of pretty ordinary blokes who play out of their skin in Adelaide.

and of their young 'stars' I only really rate butters. Rozee is like a 6 foot Josh Jenkins

If Covid takes off in WA and Brisbane, they could win the flag,

but I dont think they are good enough otherwise. and what kind of premiership side has a club epidemiologist?

Dixon is a humungous potato. He's everything Tom Lynch isn't.

plus Ladmans only really had one good year.

Max and Jackson will demolish them.
I am more of a fan of Rozee than you are but otherwise I agree.

They will have a champion key forward soon, though. Our two don't have too long left so we should probably do something about that.

Reactions: 2 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Didn't watch the match
Couldn't be bothered
Loved reading the result
How did Dangerdive play?
Must have been at his supreme best like Hawkins to salvage a seven goal loss???

Reactions: 1 user

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Today I was reminded of why last year's GF was such a wondrous event.
The next best thing to seeing Richmond do well in finals is seeing Geelong lose them.
It combined the two.
As a warm up to last night I watched one of my favourite replays
I start with a minute to go before half time in the 2019 PF with Diver flying thru the air; getting 50 and a goal and then beaming and cocky at the centre bounce as the siren went.
And then comes the best bit …… that magnificent second half
Just so bloody good

To then see classic Clangerfield in the Port game was a joy to behold

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Just to join in because a Geelong finals loss is almost as good as a Tiges win.

Geelong are 1-8 in the first week of finals in the last 10 years... Oh and 1-4 in preliminary finals and 0-1 in grand finals.

Happy days!

Reactions: 4 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
I read that Gary Rohan was playing in defence.
Sounds like a master coach move from Salty Scott
Guessing it would have been a bigger loss otherwise

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
I am more of a fan of Rozee than you are but otherwise I agree.

They will have a champion key forward soon, though. Our two don't have too long left so we should probably do something about that.
They’ve got some great juniors coming through. Georgiokoutafidimidis looks like a star in the making.
Very impressed by Bergman last night.
I dislike arrow boy but he can play.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Quick Quiz
How long would Chris Scott have lasted if he was coaching in the 80's?
3 years the 2014 finals loss, would've had him gone

rioli82

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 28, 2004
If GWS win today, wouldn’t it be sweet if they then knock Jeremy Cameron out of the finals next week

Reactions: 7 users

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
Stewart is a massive loss for the Cats. Looked way less composed in defence than they have for most of the year.

What a shame.
And they say without Dusty Tigers are nothing. On a side note, I love how they talk about Stewart missing constantly, how does the Irishman feel about that……..after he has NAB mini me in the ad, not Stewart or Gonemissingafield.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
How many teams strike gold with 5 straight draft picks?
Rozze Bulters and the Arrow are soo invested for playing for port, they look like they have been playing together for 10 years.
Bergmann and Georgiadis 2019 draft.
There recruiter is top notch.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
As a warm up to last night I watched one of my favourite replays
I start with a minute to go before half time in the 2019 PF with Diver flying thru the air; getting 50 and a goal and then beaming and cocky at the centre bounce as the siren went.
And then comes the best bit …… that magnificent second half
Just so bloody good

To then see classic Clangerfield in the Port game was a joy to behold
Also loved the way Dusty just shoved him just after that to remind the Diver what a knob he is

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Thanks, TBV
So pretty much bugger all then!
Look, I know the media are obsessed with the way he bursts out of congestion etc and he's this great clearance player etc etc... but he's a real turnover merchant when the pressure's on and stating the obvious. .. the pressure is really on in finals!

It irks me no end when the comparison is made to Dustin. ... ok, Dusty is not without fault but when the heat is on, more often than not he makes the right decision.... for the team.
Law of averages in finals says he'll play the odd good one, whereas with Dustin he plays the (very) odd bad one!

That's probably why even Leigh Matthews said the other day he's in awe of Dustin's ability to play his very best in finals!

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
6-14 finals record as captain. Joel Selwood.

Real questions about Dangerfield the finals footballer.

A second round pick on Shaun Higgins & Issac Smith robbing Jordan Clark of games.

This will cost them Narkle & Clark. Zero quality youth then. Cliff meet Geelong.

Reactions: 8 users