WEEK 1 FINALS 2021 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

WEEK 1 FINALS 2021

My favourite bit from last night.

Dying seconds of the game with Geelong needing someone, anyone, to kick a 43 pointer to tie the game and send it into overtime. Danger bursts from the pack on the halfback line chest out like a magnificent beast, drills the 50m kick way over the head of all leading Geelong forwards and hits Alir on the chest. Game over.
Great post, mjb.I meant to post the same last night but distracted. You left out how he took a bounce too; so if you don't mind slight editing:

Danger bursts from the pack on the halfback line chest out like a magnificent beast, charges on a 30m run, takes a bounce before he drills the 50m kick way over the head of all leading Geelong forwards and hits Alir on the chest. Game over.

It was simply a magnificent ... turnover. Might have summed up Dangerflog! :eek:

Reactions: 2 users
How does Stevic let it go ? He’s not the MRO.
He gets asked by the MRO first. I know it won't happen but it was nothing intentional. In other codes, players can let out steam and place a hand on an umpire/ref as a friendly manner, whereas in this AFL, a slight touch is paranoia.

Nah that’s *smile*. Absolutely intentional and completely unnecessary contact with an umpire. That’s not on and a clear breach of the rules. He deserves whatever comes his way.
He ain’t Richmond. More like a hefty fine. Or nothing.

Reactions: 1 user
He gets asked by the MRO first. I know it won't happen but it was nothing intentional. In other codes, players can let out steam and place a hand on an umpire/ref as a friendly manner, whereas in this AFL, a slight touch is paranoia.
Give it away Forcefield. The MRO and/or Tribunal are in complete control with full vision. Stevic doesn’t have any opportunity to “let it go.”

Come on TF. It was clearly intentional. He made a bee line for Stevic.

no way TF.

he was remonstrating with him and pretty much shoulder barged him,

like your trying to get to the bar before happy hour finishes,

rather than conferencing with an umpire.

Not even the AFL could *smile* this one up.

has to be made an example of with 2 weeks minimum but could be a month.

If I was an umpire, and they fine him, I'd quit.

you gotta have a screw loose to do that *smile* outside play in finals.

he's like a way dummer version of David Rhys Jones.

Reactions: 2 users
Come on TF. It was clearly intentional. He made a bee line for Stevic.
Yeah it was pretty clear, he was trying to be tough and intimidating to Stevic.

If you fine Cotch for being pushed into an ump, its hard to see them fining him here, especially as the beneficiaries of a suspension are Geelong.

Reactions: 1 users
Yep ... they play Geelong.
He will get exactly one week, both to help their little darlings down at alphabet park and also GWS should they happen to win.

The Giants play a simple style that will challenge Geelong next week.

Win the clearances and then methodically take it forward, then look for the kick to 1 of the talls within 25m of goal.

Geelong also rely on a similar game.
Didn't see any of that in the second half..

Great game.

Greg Williams got 9 weeks for a little shove on an umpire who was up in his grill. (Some would say the umpire was the instigator and got what he deserved.) What would Tom Lynch get for Toby's act today?

Greene will get a fine. Or is Shocking still there to do his Scats one last solid before he leads them to oblivion?

Great game.

Greg Williams got 9 weeks for a little shove on an umpire who was up in his grill. (Some would say the umpire was the instigator and got what he deserved.) What would Tom Lynch get for Toby's act today?

Greene will get a fine. Or is Shocking still there to do his Scats one last solid before he leads them to oblivion?
Totally agree spook. Diesel's obviously animated and the flog keeps pestering in his face.

One of the luckiest wins you’ll ever see I reckon. That last quarter by the Giants was pathetic. They didn’t try to win; just hung on for grim death and got lucky that the Swans couldn’t kick straight. Whitfield is supposed to be a beautiful kick but turned it over straight to Swans players twice in last 5 minutes.

And then the Giants just kept kicking it to packs for the Swans to take an easy mark and send it back in. Who said Daisy Pearce was good at special comments? Giants spent the whole last quarter kicking the ball to packs for Swans to mark and with 2 minutes to go she declares that’s what the Giants need to keep doing? So, keep doing what hasn’t worked all quarter Daisy? Right. The next play a Giant kicks to a pack for a Swans mark………..How do these people get jobs?

Very lucky win to the Giants. Thought they’d beat the Cats next week but not sure they can on that performance. Still hope they do.
Never seen a finalist so out of ideas and skill and even intent. Swans blew that themselvee with poor finishing. I am quite ambivalent about the Giants but in the last quarter I was thinking if you lose this Leon just hand in your notice you have not improved this side anywhere near enough.

Point 2...yes Daisy was talking rubbish, very poor from her, normally think she is ok.