WEEK 1 FINALS 2021 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

WEEK 1 FINALS 2021

I wanted Swans to win they were all over GWS and would have been a much better bet to beat Geelong next week. Geelong will be pleased that GWS are a relatively slow team compared to Swannies.

I hear ya but GWS play a harder brand of footy than the swans. Agree swans are quicker but GWS foot skills along with their toughness in the contest should overwhelm the cats, well that's what I'm hoping.

Been reading that some think toby will go for that, I don't think he will.

See for yourself, querying a decision, he points with his arm and brushes past the umpire. I honestly don't believe there was any malice in that, made contact yes, silly yes, will he go for it? I say no but, a fine yes!

Scroll down a bit to see the footage.

Last edited:
Whoo Hoo how bloody awesome was that stick that up ya swannies.

So happy for GWS, well done!!!
Yes, I picked them as a long shot for the flag but fell over the line in the end. Both teams could not kick crucial goals when it mattered. GWS could have sealed it but for 3 gettable misses in Q3; Hogan a sharp goal-kick, couldn't hit 2 posters again if he tried 5 10 times. Then nailed one that won the match on the siren.
Swans missed vital gettable shots Q4 and then Big Bud has his chance to play the hollywood hero again. Terrible shank completely across the goal-front from well within his range. Swanees would have to be pretty down after that.

GWS really poor in attack today; so much reliance on TB. Move the ball so slowly too but Ducks defended superbly.

Might be a struggle to euthanise the moggies next final the way GWS fade out in Q4 but then, they're playing the best side for that. The AFL geriatrics. Apply enough pressure full match and they can do it. Will have to take a lot of notice of how Poort approached it though.

Reactions: 1 user
Been reading that some think toby will go for that, I don't think he will.

See for yourself, querying a decision, he points with his arm and brushes past the umpire. I honestly don't believe he'll go for that, a fine yes!

Scroll down a bit to see the footage.

As much as I want him to get off.... I have to disagree. ... had plenty of room to step out of the way. Gonski and I reckon he knew it in the last imo.

Reactions: 1 users
Dees fell in against geriatric Moggies last week so against the Lions they better bring their A Game.

As much as I want him to get off.... I have to disagree. ... had plenty of room to step out of the way. Gonski and I reckon he knew it in the last imo.

Perhaps, I honestly do not think there was any malice in it but I guess it's at the mercy of the MRP

Reactions: 1 user
Apparently Sproule and Stein have been on the GWS list for five years, with little action in the firsts. A good reminder to Tiger fans who get impatient with the perceived 'slow progress' of some of our own lads, especially talls. No need to rush the likes of Ryan, Nuyon, Mate.

Reactions: 2 users
Fair share of wankers on both sides but Bris make me wanna puke. Go Dees.

Reactions: 2 users
Best game I've seen all year.

Greene will cost his team next week though for that act of sheer stupidity.
Sydney, could of, should of, didn’t.
Would of been nice to see Buddy kick his 1000 against Geelong and win it.

Dees fell in against geriatric Moggies last week so against the Lions they better bring their A Game.
I’m giving Blandbane a decent chance if they can win enough ball in the midfield to give their small forwards some opportunities. Bit like Port did last night against Geecheat. Won the midfield and their small forwards caused problems. Could be a tough ask though.

Farrkkkk I just let out a massive oohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh seeing McStays face collide with Cockatoos knee. That ones going to hurt. Fractured cheekbone?