WEEK 1 FINALS 2021 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

WEEK 1 FINALS 2021

Hope they win it now to be honest. Better them than Geelong or Port, or even Brisbane. Dogs and the rest are out of it.
Better they win it when we arent there, then they have no bragging rights over the RFC.

I couldn't bear them beating us to win it, however I could bear them beating the Kochies to win it :))

They will be sated next year and will probably get ahead of themselves and fall out of the 8, whilst the RFC claims #4 in 6 years!!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I say insufficient intent

did you hear Razor call 'dangerous tackle'

'head in a vulnerable position' when he paid one last night?

this rule is a debacle. *smile* ones get paid, and dangerous ones dont.

but imagine if they change it to 'pinning the arms'? two thing would happen;

1. The end of The Rioli dynasty
2. Joel Selwood, Greg-Brian Myers and their ilk will slip the arm in.

• Angry
Reactions: 3 users
I think they’ve got things under control enough that they can have sporting matches.
Yep NRL is all being played in QLD.

And both sides traveling from Tasmania which is allowed.

Could be an easy Prelim win for Port coming up if the Bears make it through after extra game and travel.

Reactions: 1 user
Melbourne looking the goods, the win last night was quality. Port will not be so easy to get past though.

I have a mate who is a Melbourne supporter, has managed to get permission to go to Perth - hired an apartment to quarantine in (will miss the PF) and his case for entry: 57 years since a flag and 42 years as a Melbourne member. I suppose if you can prove that you have somewhere to quarantine and are willing to do it then you get to go.

DS

Reactions: 1 users
did you hear Razor call 'dangerous tackle'

'head in a vulnerable position' when he paid one last night?

this rule is a debacle. *smile* ones get paid, and dangerous ones dont.

but imagine if they change it to 'pinning the arms'? two thing would happen;

1. The end of The Rioli dynasty
2. Joel Selwood, Greg-Brian Myers and their ilk will slip the arm in.
Inconsistencies between one umpire to the next is ruining for me. One wasn’t the other possibly yes. One gets called the other play on.
Also dangerous precedent being set by some players going in with their ‘deliberately’ to draw high tackle...

Dons only beaten one team in the eight Bullies in round 21 so we shall see what they are made of today

Better they win it when we arent there, then they have no bragging rights over the RFC.

I couldn't bear them beating us to win it, however I could bear them beating the Kochies to win it :))

They will be sated next year and will probably get ahead of themselves and fall out of the 8, whilst the RFC claims #4 in 6 years!!
Anzac Day Eve game looking better than Anzac Day game again.

Considering he didn't actually touch him it would be a travesty of justice if he does get suspended. Of course Stevic wasn't phased considering contact didn't happen.
"...he didn't actually touch him..." haha
His priors for no discipline, uncontrollable temper will not help. No attempt to avoid contact with the umpire, he walked straight into him giving him a serve on the way through. He criticised a decision that was correct...he did push his forearm into the Bisbane player's throat. Whether he meant to or not is irrelevant. Even Johnson tried to talk to him but he brushed him away. What have GWS done to help him control his temper and straighten out his focus? They have allowed him to keep "playing on the edge" which has not helped him or the club to get the best results.

Last edited:
In 2019 when Brad Scott had just got the sack from his coaching position at North he bumped FOX commentator David King from behind, nearly knocking him to the ground. This was caught on camera while King was offering some post game comments.
Brad is apparently just about to become the AFL footy boss.
Maybe Toby could use the same footage to press claims for his own elevation to Hall of fame membership.
You mean this? Motioned to shoulder him but didn't touch him.

What I saw last night confirmed to me Oliver is my tip for the Brownlow.
Bont was leasing but his last 3-4 games haven’t been great hence their drop in form .. Libba is also their key. A worry is their back line but Keath returns so Wright will not be kicking another 7.
English has to spend more time in the ruck as he is a key for the Dogs. Draper is an improving aggressive ruck so first use will be critical. Both midfields are stacked with talent but I expect the Dogs with their experience to hold them off, but you just never know in finals.

Go Dogs.