Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
This is the first positive sign under mcqualter.

Hugo Hairsmith would have played every game this year under Hardwick.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
In my bottom 5 players . Biggest panick merchant on the ground . Handballs to fresh air , misses targets while they are standing 1 metre away
Suggest watch the replay . There is a Reason we are in the bottom half of the ladder
Qualify bottom 5. At the club?

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Comforting to see that the match committee has seen what a number of us have.

Has gone from inconsistent kicking to inconsistent disposal.

Handballing to teammates feet when they're only a few metres away just isn't on. George used to do it but that was in vastly superior teams where his mistakes could be minimised due to the supporting cast around him. In our current team, it's terminal.

In his fourth season and has been dropped multiple times. He better improve quickly, or he'll be prime trade bait. And we need picks.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Hugo was the obvious out with Tigger coming back into the side. I don't think his form has been too bad, you can't fault his endeavour. He'll go back to the VFL and have a fair dinkum crack.

Last edited:

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
For some reason I like the ball in Ralpsmith’s hands.

To me he looks so compact and solid in his stride. If only his kicking was more polished we’d have a superstar on our hands.

As it is I think Hugo will be very good for us and some kind of solace for losing Markov, which I think was poor in hindsight. Guys with these attributes tend to do well in the current stand rule meta

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
"Hugo just had his 27th best ever career game. Let's give him a 7 year extension and the captaincy".

• Haha

tigerjoe12

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2006
Personally I feel he’s unlucky to be named as dropped.

He makes mistakes but I feel like he still shows a lot of promise & with more games he’ll be fine. Looks like a deer in headlights occasionally but not anywhere near as much as a young Dan Jackson who I remember would look like this regularly & significantly improved in this area over time. I think they’ll name him as the sub.

I am a believer

angle ankle

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2020

To me he looks so compact and solid in his stride. If only his kicking was more polished we’d have a superstar on our hands.

As it is I think Hugo will be very good for us and some kind of solace for losing Markov, which I think was poor in hindsight. Guys with these attributes tend to do well in the current stand rule meta

for all hrs faults, he made us better last week.

the markov flick was unfathomable....couldn't believe it, now pies first 18.
nothing but crickets here.
the george crucifixion here, shamed into an early out atrocious...'no need for pace with the stand rule'.... fmd.
forgive me for thinking 'no one not quick' was the point of difference in our 3 flags...& still is with flag favs pies.
pretty sure u dont get dusty max without his freedom of surrounding pace cover.

but with now snails cotch, jack, ross & graham automatics, i obviously have no idea.
i swear dimma forgot the sausage recipe or was it just not the heart to do a mitchell?
i feel sorry most for those down field/play subject to the overlap run off....horrendously disadvantaged & savaged.
i'm hoping for the honorable joint cotch n jack retirement post 300...seriously what is the point?

can we please just develop ?

Reactions: 2 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Personally I feel he’s unlucky to be named as dropped.

He makes mistakes but I feel like he still shows a lot of promise & with more games he’ll be fine. Looks like a deer in headlights occasionally but not anywhere near as much as a young Dan Jackson who I remember would look like this regularly & significantly improved in this area over time. I think they’ll name him as the sub.

I am a believer
Only took Jacko 10 years to flick the switch.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Reckon he will be sub.
Pretty decent sub, versatile can play hff wing hfb. Brings zip

Improving but not yet ready for imortalising with a statue.
Hope he has a matchwinning last quarter

Reactions: 1 user

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
This is the first positive sign under mcqualter.

Hugo Hairsmith would have played every game this year under Hardwick.
Ralphsmith has more AFL attributes than Ross

And plays with twice as much dare

Last edited by a moderator:

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I think Hugo is a very patchy player. His kicking is hit & miss literally. It’s his no 1 challenge to establish himself as an AFL player. Mini sees it.
So much this. He has the athletic traits. But disposal and decision making are as you say very patchy. And he has almost no physicality to his game. Understand he is young but perhaps he should be watching videos of Kmac to see how much impact a winger can have with his body as well as his run.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia

Agree with you, yet Ross is the same and you cannot see it with him. Don't get it.

Reactions: 1 user