Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith

We need depth. Not much in seconds apart from first and second year players. Pies now have it and u wouldn’t even know that they have had a lot of injuries lately.

Reactions: 1 user
We need depth. Not much in seconds apart from first and second year players. Pies now have it and u wouldn’t even know that they have had a lot of injuries lately.
Today McCrae stated that they still hadn’t had all of their main pillars on the field at the same time, and had yet to work out what their best team looks like.

We are living in dark times.

Reactions: 1 users
His hair?
Yes. I think he's peaked. Making an AFL list was his best achievement. That's not small beans. Fair *smile* to him. I couldn't have done it. But I don't see a load of tools, or unfulfilled potential in him. He's a fill in, he isn't overawed at senior level, but he isn't a 200 gamer. So, yes, I reckon the fact that his hair makes him look fast, has helped him to get games.

Yep, needs a full VFL game, it’s a tough gig coming on as sub but you’ve got to impose yourself. Fahey for the Giants was an excellent example. HRS came on and turned it over twice and got caught once and one nice pass to Pickett.

it’s a tough gig coming on as sub but you’ve got to impose yourself. HRS came on and turned it over twice and got caught once and one nice pass to Pickett.
So he’s had a good game?
He normally takes a whole game to do that much damage

Yep, needs a full VFL game, it’s a tough gig coming on as sub but you’ve got to impose yourself. Fahey for the Giants was an excellent example. HRS came on and turned it over twice and got caught once and one nice pass to Pickett.
We could have kept MRJ on and got the same. No value.

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure he has the necessary tools to make the grade , Hugo has obviously been told to take the game on, however he seems to tuck the ball under the arm , take off without taking the best option

Reactions: 1 users
Today McCrae stated that they still hadn’t had all of their main pillars on the field at the same time, and had yet to work out what their best team looks like.

We are living in dark times.
I heard that comment and wanted to put my foot through my screen.

The Pies have had a pretty blessed run in my opinion. Other than Howe breaking his arm, all their prime movers have pretty much played every game.

Virtually none of ours have.

It's very rare that a team can field their preferred 22 players.

The funny thing is the fallacy thst Richmond had a blessed run through our premiership years.
In 2017 we used close to a record number of players on our list for a premiership team.
2019 and 2020 we were scrambling to piece our seasons together for a late run home after decimating injuries. In the case of 2020, we got the team back together so late, that the loss in the first final was really a blessing as it got some game time into a couple of important players who'd just returned.

The one year ironically where we did have a blessed run was 2018. We dominated the home and away season to finish on top with daylight to the next team, and then prior to the Preliminary final the injury gods gave it to us all in one hit.
Dustin Martin injured a knee. Lambert was tryin gto return in record time from a syndmosis injury. From memory Prestia was carrying a niggle, Astbury was struggling to not turn the rear propulsion unit on mid stride, and from what i've heard he wasn't the only one on the list with a gastro problem during the week. And i heard that from one of the other players on the list. Whether thats true or not who knows, but our fames pressure rating was down under 160 for the game. A bit odd considering it was the most important game of the year!

Maybe McCrae could get hit with the poo stick like we did, and then he'd have something to complain about.

Reactions: 5 users
I heard that comment and wanted to put my foot through my screen.

The Pies have had a pretty blessed run in my opinion. Other than Howe breaking his arm, all their prime movers have pretty much played every game.

Virtually none of ours have.

It's very rare that a team can field their preferred 22 players.

The funny thing is the fallacy thst Richmond had a blessed run through our premiership years.
In 2017 we used close to a record number of players on our list for a premiership team.
2019 and 2020 we were scrambling to piece our seasons together for a late run home after decimating injuries. In the case of 2020, we got the team back together so late, that the loss in the first final was really a blessing as it got some game time into a couple of important players who'd just returned.

The one year ironically where we did have a blessed run was 2018. We dominated the home and away season to finish on top with daylight to the next team, and then prior to the Preliminary final the injury gods gave it to us all in one hit.
Dustin Martin injured a knee. Lambert was tryin gto return in record time from a syndmosis injury. From memory Prestia was carrying a niggle, Astbury was struggling to not turn the rear propulsion unit on mid stride, and from what i've heard he wasn't the only one on the list with a gastro problem during the week. And i heard that from one of the other players on the list. Whether thats true or not who knows, but our fames pressure rating was down under 160 for the game. A bit odd considering it was the most important game of the year!

Maybe McCrae could get hit with the poo stick like we did, and then he'd have something to complain about.
Great summary, and memory.

There was definitely bucket loads of horse sh*t being spoken about the Tiges during our dominant period.

And 2018 was a brutal reminder of just how much has to go right, and how easily things can go of the rails.

The Pies look irrepressible at the moment, but things can still go pear shaped leading into the GF or on the day.

Personally I will be placing ads on Airtasker for Telekinesis and Vodoo Doll practitioners come finals time to see if I can tip the scales a little bit.