Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith

Could be wrong but I don't think he'd be worth much.
I doubt it either but an extra pick or part of a trade might be in the Tigers favour.

Might be in Hugos best interests to find another club as he is now starting to be usurped by others after 4 years at the club.

Great summary, and memory.

There was definitely bucket loads of horse sh*t being spoken about the Tiges during our dominant period.

And 2018 was a brutal reminder of just how much has to go right, and how easily things can go of the rails.

The Pies look irrepressible at the moment, but things can still go pear shaped leading into the GF or on the day.

Personally I will be placing ads on Airtasker for Telekinesis and Vodoo Doll practitioners come finals time to see if I can tip the scales a little bit.
Joey Montagna raised some interesting stas on the Pies during the week, in relation to the fact they are scoring from the back half rather than the forward half. What i hadn't realised is how few of the top sides they have played since round 4.

For mine, the frist 6 rounds of a season, winners are a bit of a lottery, and Mc Crae seemed to want to have the side up and about from round 1. Most sides that expect to be there at the end will be less advanced in the early rounds, trying to ensure that the sesson is simply 'not too long', as happened to us in 2018. A similar fate may befall the Pies, but more to the point, now that everyone is match fit, it will be interesting to see if they can keep cutting through from the back half against the sides that are better organised.

Reactions: 1 users
Was a big year for him but Hugo has been one of the disappointments of the season. Watched him today in the VFL & he has no outstanding qualities even at that level. I can't see him staying on the list.

Reactions: 5 users
Was a big year for him but Hugo has been one of the disappointments of the season. Watched him today in the VFL & he has no outstanding qualities even at that level. I can't see him staying on the list.
Must agree Olden.

Tigers need to do better and already have juniors better than him, and he's been at the club 4 years.

Banks, Coulthard Campbell and Sonsie all look to have qualities about their footy that could transpire to AFL.

Ralph doesn't apart from his running which doesn't impact anyway.

Trade and get what we can for him.

Must agree Olden.

Tigers need to do better and already have juniors better than him, and he's been at the club 4 years.

Banks, Coulthard Campbell and Sonsie all look to have qualities about their footy that could transpire to AFL.

Ralph doesn't apart from his running which doesn't impact anyway.

Trade and get what we can for him.
Yep, cash in now while he has some semblance of value (if any).

Unfortunately I think we’re a year too late.

Yeah, I held high moderate hopes for him as a running defender but he just doesn't look up to it. Time to move on.

Reactions: 1 user
To me I thought he was in a wing or bust. Don't think his disposal is neat enough to be a HBF. Sure he has athleticism, but it's football, not steeple chase.

No disappointment for me; he's not very good. Should have traded him to GWS last year when they came calling. That boat has sailed.

Reactions: 3 users
A pick 46 who won’t make it; our selectors have committed much bigger sins.

This feels like a bigger blunder than it is because of the rich tapestry of failed pics that our recruiters have woven in the last 5 years.

A pick 46 who won’t make it; our selectors have committed much bigger sins.

This feels like a bigger blunder than it is because of the rich tapestry of failed pics that our recruiters have woven in the last 5 years.
All that is true but Hugo was getting some big wraps on these boards. I never saw it with him; he's a butcher.

Reactions: 2 users
All that is true but Hugo was getting some big wraps on these boards. I never saw it with him; he's a butcher.
Yeah I thought I saw a couple of flashes in a couple of games earlier this year where he turned up at crucial moments.

Though apart from those moments it was more of go for a gallop and then disintegrate any momentum through shoddy ball use.

Like others have said; he’s an athlete that’s trying to play the role of a footballer.

It’ll be interesting as to what happens to Hugo. Will any other club want him for a throw away pick? Will Yze think he can resurrect Hugo? Maybe if the edict was “Hugo, your job is to run with the ball and kick it as far as you can in a forward direction”? there might be something there?

It’ll be interesting as to what happens to Hugo. Will any other club want him for a throw away pick? Will Yze think he can resurrect Hugo? Maybe if the edict was “Hugo, your job is to run with the ball and kick it as far as you can in a forward direction”? there might be something there?
That's what the club did with Dan Jackson - either kick it 50 or handball off. Won a B&F. Don't think Hugo is up to it though.

I'd rather give Hugo a 1 year contract at least to see what Ooze can do.

No disappointment for me; he's not very good. Should have traded him to GWS last year when they came calling. That boat has sailed.
We sure have a habit of holding onto players just that little bit too long... Bugger.