Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith

It’ll be interesting as to what happens to Hugo. Will any other club want him for a throw away pick? Will Yze think he can resurrect Hugo? Maybe if the edict was “Hugo, your job is to run with the ball and kick it as far as you can in a forward direction”? there might be something there?
I think there are definitely attributes to work with. However I've heard that Hugo's on his way to a new home.

Reactions: 3 users
Unless he fixes his disposal / composure it’s not a problem if he goes. I’m dubious he has this ability because he blows it when he has time and space. Unlike a Dan Jackson who learnt how to calm down in tight.

Reactions: 2 users
Unless he fixes his disposal / composure it’s not a problem if he goes. I’m dubious he has this ability because he blows it when he has time and space. Unlike a Dan Jackson who learnt how to calm down in tight.
Hugo's over lap run is something we really miss as a club, but he just gives off without any though, even to players standing flat footed with their back toour own goal. Often when we'd have a wave coming through the middle of the ground, it would get into Hugo's hands and suddenly we're caught on the rebound with the defence out of position.

If that was something that could be knocked out of his game, than i can see some worth in him.

Hugo's over lap run is something we really miss as a club, but he just gives off without any though, even to players standing flat footed with their back toour own goal. Often when we'd have a wave coming through the middle of the ground, it would get into Hugo's hands and suddenly we're caught on the rebound with the defence out of position.

If that was something that could be knocked out of his game, than i can see some worth in him.
Unfortunately markov, despite his slight frame, does this better than Hugo.

Reactions: 1 user

The best you could hope for is a Greg Tivendale and that's still a long way off.

Reactions: 1 users
Used to take the pisss outta Tivva alot on here but Ralph is no where near Tivvas aa a player.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Unfortunately markov, despite his slight frame, does this better than Hugo.
Lego 27y.o. 8 seasons. 73 games. 3 clubs.
Raaallph 21 y.o. 4 seasons. 32 games. 1 club.

Dunno about anyone else but I reckon young Raaallphy might be tracking slightly ahead of Lego. Lego very fortunately has somehow managed to fall perfectly into that tiny little hole of opportunity that sees him in contention for a flag when his career was already pretty much binned start of this year.

Reactions: 5 users
Tivendale was ok.
He wasn't the worse and alongside Bowden had a killer left foot.
Tivers has copped a lot of sh!te on here over the years but I can still see him cutting thru the middle of the MCG and hitting a team mate on the chest with that beautiful left foot of his. Centimetre perfect. Was one of my faves back in the day.

Reactions: 6 users
Tivers has copped a lot of sh!te on here over the years but I can still see him cutting thru the middle of the MCG and hitting a team mate on the chest with that beautiful left foot of his. Centimetre perfect. Was one of my faves back in the day.
Yep you wanted him to have the ball. Unfortunately Hyde could get it and tivendale could kick it.

Yep you wanted him to have the ball. Unfortunately Hyde could get it and tivendale could kick it.
Tivendale was a great LEFT foot kick. Problem was, everyone knew he was a complete shocker on his right. Most one sided kick in the history of the AFL. I liked him though, was smooth.

Tivendale was a great LEFT foot kick. Problem was, everyone knew he was a complete shocker on his right. Most one sided kick in the history of the AFL. I liked him though, was smooth.
His best game was in a losing final at the Gabba, that was peak Tivendale, raking goals on the run.

Dunno about anyone else but I reckon young Raaallphy might be tracking slightly ahead of Lego. Lego very fortunately has somehow managed to fall perfectly into that tiny little hole of opportunity that sees him in contention for a flag when his career was already pretty much binned start of this year.
Was going to post the same thing. Compare the two at the same age

Banks has effectively taken over his spot and shown in a few games that he is miles ahead. Cant have that type of player not being able to nail his kicks.

If he didnt have the mullet noone would think twice about letting him go

Time to move on.

Can pick up this type of player every year in the 40's + picks

Reactions: 6 users

So if we hold on to Hugo for another 4 years he may be good enough to be a fringe player in a good team?

Markov was always a decent kick, if Ralphsmith can improve his kicking he could be an ok player, but if he cant he wont. I'll leave it to the coaching staff to decide if there is any prospect of that.

We are very tight for list spots to bring in enough talent (from other clubs or via draft) as it is.

Highly unlikely Hugo gets a contract now if he hasn't already.

Odds on delisted if we can't help him
to another club.

Reactions: 4 users
We are very tight for list spots to bring in enough talent (from other clubs or via draft) as it is.

Highly unlikely Hugo gets a contract now if he hasn't already.

Odds on delisted if we can't help him
to another club.
Agreed.

I think he has been given plenty of chances to secure a role full time. I just dont think he is up to it.

Yuk. Scything left foot stylist that ALWAYS put the pill 2m above and 6m past the target. The most frustrating player to watch. Plus never to be forgiven for standing by and watching Glass repeatedly bounce Richo’s head off the Subiaco turf in a fight before the game. Gutless blouse.