Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith

So if we hold on to Hugo for another 4 years he may be good enough to be a fringe player in a good team?

Markov was always a decent kick, if Ralphsmith can improve his kicking he could be an ok player, but if he cant he wont. I'll leave it to the coaching staff to decide if there is any prospect of that.
Well, Raaallphy's already a fringe player in a mediocre team so who knows? In four years he might be even better than fringe in a good team.

Lego in his early days with us was a serial double grabber n fumbler of the ball. Was fringe at a premiership quality team then went to Mold Coast where he deteriorated from regular in a mediocre team to fringe and then unwanted. He was basically finished at AFL level until Fly had some sort of brain fart n decided he might need an emergency high speed running back flanker. Genius brain fart from Fly and massive career bonearse for Lego.
Just another example that often we write off players way to early. One only needs to reflect on the career of a certain Lamblett at Tigerland to realise that at elite level, the boundary line between spud and hero are sometimes less than paper thin.

Reactions: 5 users
Not our rep in GF sprint after winning it last year Itll be McIntosh in the sprint
wonder if Hugo has already cleared his locker out?

Not our rep in GF sprint after winning it last year Itll be McIntosh in the sprint
wonder if Hugo has already cleared his locker out?
You can’t run it again the following year if you win it.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Cost Menadue his career .................. was looking at back to back Sprint victories ................never recovered.
I thought it was because they made it so you had to pick up a footy half way through the sprint.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
You can’t run it again the following year if you win it.
Dangerfield won 3 in a row.

2011 Patrick Dangerfield Adelaide Crows Melbourne Cricket Ground Melbourne
2012 Patrick Dangerfield Adelaide Crows Melbourne Cricket Ground Melbourne
2013 Patrick Dangerfield Adelaide Crows Melbourne Cricket Ground Melbourne

It’s the Paddy rule remember? Unreportable. President of the AFLPA. Umps don’t like giving free kicks against him and to balance up, like to give him free kicks. It’s Paddy. The all round good guy from Geelong.

Reactions: 1 user
Dangerfield won 3 in a row.

2011 Patrick Dangerfield Adelaide Crows Melbourne Cricket Ground Melbourne
2012 Patrick Dangerfield Adelaide Crows Melbourne Cricket Ground Melbourne
2013 Patrick Dangerfield Adelaide Crows Melbourne Cricket Ground Melbourne
Changed the rules once a RFC player won 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
It’s the Paddy rule remember? Unreportable. President of the AFLPA. Umps don’t like giving free kicks against him and to balance up, like to give him free kicks. It’s Paddy. The all round good guy from Geelong.
Just a pity it wasn't his only success on GF day.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I would try him as the hard running pressure fwd. Think George and Mcreary from the pies.

Reactions: 1 user
I would try him as the hard running pressure fwd. Think George and Mcreary from the pies.
I don't mind this idea.

It's a bit like the way we solved the push up Kings habit of running himself into trouble or coughing the ball up coming out of defence. Put some sticks in front of a player and the choices are a bit more simple.