Welcome Josh Gibcus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Josh Gibcus

He has a freaky leap, he just rises and rises straight up, then reaches. He and Balta could be a great backline for years.
I reckon he should stay back this year, but he will certainly be worth a look forward in the future.

Reactions: 2 users
He is some sort of talent.
Playing like a veteran.
Those low-flying 50m lace out kicks to a target are works of sheer artistic beauty.
The one last night that Balta, running through CHB, did not need to break stride for was merely this week's offering that many players would struggle to do in a career.
Comparisons to Weitering as highly drafted key backs made some sense before R1 but not anymore.
Poor old Weiters doesn't get much elevation compared to the athletically-gifted air Gibcus.
I reckon if you offered the Blues Gibcus in a swap they'd do it in a heartbeat.
Kinda pleased Gibcus isn't getting mentioned much in terms of Rising Star because that weekly gong would only just inflate an already healthy ego that doesn't really need more boosting.
Very excited.
Air Gibcus.
Love it

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
The young fellow opened the game by overcommitting to an aerial contest on the wing, losing balance and letting his opponent off the leash. He spoiled directly to an unmarked opponent, sending him into goal. Did that again. Didn't jump, should have. Didn't jump again. Was screened out by numerous smalls. Missed early targets by foot.

Played his most mistake riddled-game by a street, admittedly against an elite forward set up who were looking for him.

But when the five-gamer dived into that ground contest, violently twisted his 80kg frame freeing the ball and his arms to dish a miraculous handball we were reminded that the foolishness of Godcus* is wiser than the wisdom of men.

*Godcus courtesy of @an_oxford_man

Reactions: 1 user
Kid will be a star.
We have found a gem.
We are finding out next pillars.

His clearing kick out of defensive 50 to Balta was something else.
Went the long and second option, most wouldn't have seen it let alone hit Balta on the title with a 50 Mt bullet.

Hes even tousling Lynchys hair,

And telling dylan grimes which option to take.

And how about the cotchy run out low five routine?

This kid is a freak in every respect.

They should celebrate his 250th next week i reckon
The Cotchin low five caught my eye as well. Now that’s confidence!

Reactions: 1 users
Hes even tousling Lynchys hair,

And telling dylan grimes which option to take.

And how about the cotchy run out low five routine?

This kid is a freak in every respect.

They should celebrate his 250th next week i reckon

Chattin with ol’ mate Josh Kennedy after the game like they were working out which pub they were off to.

Challenging Shai‘s vertical leap

Expect him to be the first player to win 3 Brownlow votes wearing a blindfold

Ben Kenobi speaks to him

Strutter

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
ridiculous to say 7 games in , however geez I’m glad Norf were Norf and didn’t take our offer for us to get The Hornet or maybe we just assumed that Norf knew Gibbo was the best pick and assumed they were taking him :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I watched the Norf game and Gibcus had a significantly better game than JHF, sure enough Gibcus doesn't get the rising start nomination

I unequivocally and unreservedly apologise to Mr Gibcus and his family for any damage to his reputation or hurt I may have caused in attributing that bungled spoil down the throat of the unmarked Potato Strnadica. It was Broad.

I'm sure that next time Josh Gibcus will take control of the situation and kill it good rather than leaving crucial matters for less experienced team mates.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users