Welcome Josh Gibcus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Josh Gibcus

Grimes had a three-year hamstring at Godcus' age.

That was more than 10 years ago and he was also fine once he got the mad german to inject it with calf's blood. Meanwhile Gibcus medical return to play program looks like this!

1683782180470.png

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I thought his set backs prior to this one were related to a surgical site infection, if so then this isn’t necessarily an indication of recurrent injury

Sounds like he reported soreness after they upped his workload leading into playing. Sensible to back off for a week or two before building load again. He did have a major hamstring injury requiring surgery - 12-16 weeks is fairly typical recovery time I thought.
Agree on the loading leading to soreness. Whilst not ideal it’s the best guide for the fitness guys to plan out his rehab for next 3-4 weeks.

Got to ease him back slowly and we can't afford losing him because he become in injury prone especially after the promise he showed early on last season

Reactions: 4 users
Far too many repeat injuries this year for it to be a freak occurrences. It's mismanagement.

Something is off with our management methods. Needs intervention, now. And a restructure next year, we've been off all year in this area.

Reactions: 7 users
Our football department needs to wakeup the fitness and injuries management has been a mess last 2 years.

Reactions: 2 users
When players are meant to come back they all have been extended. From Tarrant to Cibcus, to Deledio.
We just had a really really shiit preseason. Players came back not ready and the preseason was lacklustre.
And this is the effect.
20yr kids missing a entire season because of a hammy

Far too many repeat injuries this year for it to be a freak occurrences. It's mismanagement.

Something is off with our management methods. Needs intervention, now. And a restructure next year, we've been off all year in this area.
Yep. Starting to look like it now.

Total *smile* up.

FFS multiple players have had set-backs coming back from injuries, hamstring strain in a different spot. This does not bode well he did it only in warm up drills:(

Reactions: 1 user
*smile* embarrassing. The halfwits that made the appointment should be rissoled as well. It was clear we needed a new fitness and rehab team this time last year and we go and appoint the guy that pumps the balls up before training each day.

Last edited:
Brown - set-back
Gibcus - major set-back
Lynch - huge set-back
Campbell - set-back
Tarrant - set-back
Soldo - set-back
Smith - set-back

How long before we sack the dud?

• Angry
This is not good, Meehan says “It’s not as significant as his injury in January, and is in a different spot.

In a different spot is still bad, as it shows just how tender those hammies are. Not a good sign for a 19-year-old.
He also goes on to say> The Club will take a conservative approach with young defender Josh Gibcus’.

Isn't that what they did with the first major hammy, it's now been 3 months since he did it.

• Sad
This is not good, Meehan says “It’s not as significant as his injury in January, and is in a different spot.

In a different spot is still bad, as it shows just how tender those hammies are. Not a good sign for a 19-year-old.
He also goes on to say> The Club will take a conservative approach with young defender Josh Gibcus’.

Isn't that what they did with the first major hammy, it's now been 3 months since he did it.
Agreed his use of words is very ordinary.
Shouldn’t reference a freak impact injury where the tendon tore off the bone to the latest hamstring strain. People use it as a comparison. Should have massaged the dialogue so people understand the intricacies of coming back from a serious injury to put people at ease.
What I don’t like about the new injury itself is that up to now, Gibcus wasn’t suspect to soft tissue injuries.
He is now.

• Sad
Agreed his use of words is very ordinary.
Shouldn’t reference a freak impact injury where the tendon tore off the bone to the latest hamstring strain. People use it as a comparison. Should have massaged the dialogue so people understand the intricacies of coming back from a serious injury to put people at ease.
What I don’t like about the new injury itself is that up to now, Gibcus wasn’t suspect to soft tissue injuries.
He is now.
That’s of real concern now.

I think once you have one injury you tend to compensate in how you walk or do things which can then lead to another injury.

Given that these are medical professionals though - you would think this is a known risk that could be managed. Seems either something wrong or we are extremely unlucky.....