Welcome Josh Gibcus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Josh Gibcus

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Extremely disappointing for Josh, team & supporters. However all that can be done is get the surgery, rehab thoroughly and be ready for 2025. He’ll have the club and membership support throughout - every step of the way.

Like Richo did from 96 onwards, hopefully he comes back better than ever.
Same age also. 20 going on 21.

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Same age also. 20 going on 21.
Richo was fantastic from his first practice match back in 1996 - against Collingwood at Waverley. Took an overhead mark & got crunched as he landed. When he got up and realised his knee was ok - he was away. Hopefully the same for Josh - he’ll be a great player as well once he gets over this latest setback

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Richo was fantastic from his first practice match back in 1996 - against Collingwood at Waverley. Took an overhead mark & got crunched as he landed. When he got up and realised his knee was ok - he was away. Hopefully the same for Josh - he’ll be a great player as well once he gets over this latest setback
IIRC, Richo's body seasoned to a bigger frame from that year. Chance for GIbbo's to get bigger and stronger too. As I get pissed off hearing oppo players return sooner than expected, let's hope we have good luck on our side and Gibbo recovers within 6 months.

Reactions: 1 user

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Josh spends a year out and now another..? so cruel it's abstract..

totally gutted for him, the club, everyone ..

Stoobes

Tiger Rookie
May 24, 2005
Sam Naismith can counsel him. He’s done three ACL’s. Good man to have at the club at this time.
Great call, saw him getting around him after the game too and having a chat.
Absolutely shattered for him, rotten luck.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
big blow and a bad injury for a player that relies on his leap

• Sad

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
A commentator mentioned that the ACL was somehow linked to his hammy issue he had.
was it this guy:
Angry Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users