Welcome Josh Gibcus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Josh Gibcus

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
I know we all feel for young Josh. Sometimes this game is so bloody unfair.
Im sure his clubmates will get around and support him, but it’s gonna be a long road back for him.
I hope they can get Emma Murray to do some personal work with him.

Good luck and a fast recovery. Stay strong.

Reactions: 2 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Alex Rance had a successful 10+ year playing career at RFC with 200 games including a premiership and also an ACL

Fingers crossed that one day we can look back at this bloke and say the same - or better

Hang in there kid!

Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Richo did an ACL at the same age and kicked 91 the next year. I think we leave Gibbo down back though.

Reactions: 2 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Richo did an ACL at the same age and kicked 91 the next year. I think we leave Gibbo down back though.
Yeah I’d forgotten about that.

Poor kid has never established though, alas. His confidence in his body will be shot.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The only (minor) blessing is it happened early in the season. All things going well he will be ready to play at the start of '25. And all we want is for him to get through that year unscathed.

Footy's not fair. Ask David Schwarz. Had the world at his feet.

Reactions: 5 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
The only (minor) blessing is it happened early in the season. All things going well he will be ready to play at the start of '25. And all we want is for him to get through that year unscathed.

Footy's not fair. Ask David Schwarz. Had the world at his feet.
Also that he's 20. Use the time to strengthen the body and muscle to prevent these injuries in future years.

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Sam Naismith can counsel him. He’s done three ACL’s. Good man to have at the club at this time.

• Love
Reactions: 17 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I'm not religious, but please God let the MRI scans show better than thought. We need to exorcise this SHocking virus out of the club.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
What can you say? Horrible for the kid, horrible for the club, horrible for us.

Footy ain't fair sometimes. Haven't felt this flat since Nathan Brown.

• Sad

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
*smile* you footy gods, Rancey also done his ACL in the opening round too, weird, same number 18.

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Extremely disappointing for Josh, team & supporters. However all that can be done is get the surgery, rehab thoroughly and be ready for 2025. He’ll have the club and membership support throughout - every step of the way.

Like Richo did from 96 onwards, hopefully he comes back better than ever.