Welcome Kaelan Bradtke | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Kaelan Bradtke

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
Wanted him and I knew nothing about him other than he is kpf

We are desperate for depth in that position

It is our biggest need and yet somehow we have only invested a mid season draft pick and an ssp pick on a kpf since drafting reece McKenzie in 2014.

It’s weird

Both bauer and bradke are 100/1 to make it , but I wish them the best .

We better have a kpf free agent coming our way or we are royally rooted

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
What a disgrace of an article from fox-sports. It's all about who we didn't select instead of who we did.

Ex-Cats mid snubbed by Tigers for country footy star ahead of pre-season signing deadline​

7 news just as bad tonight. Footage of Narkle training while announcing KB had got the nod. No interest in showing a happy new bloke being told he'd been chosen to start an AFL career.

Obviously between the two, it comes down to ability, work load, personal fit with other players etc. For mine though when it comes down to filling the last possible spot on the list, I'm more than happy to consider the young untapped potential over the bloke who's been 5 years or more in the system without being able to establish himself in a team.
Narkle couldn't command a spot in the Moggies midfield, so how was he going to command one in ours?

Reactions: 10 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Wanted him and I knew nothing about him other than he is kpf

We are desperate for depth in that position

It is our biggest need and yet somehow we have only invested a mid season draft pick and an ssp pick on a kpf since drafting reece McKenzie in 2014.

It’s weird

Both bauer and bradke are 100/1 to make it , but I wish them the best .

We better have a kpf free agent coming our way or we are royally rooted
We need to once again look at free agents Any KPF free agents available? ;)

5SKULL5

What stands in the way, becomes the way!
Dec 20, 2004
Melbourne
Did this Bradtke guy play for the Swans VFL against our VFL Tigers last year at that crappy oval in Moore Park?
I seem to remember a tall fwd taking Biggy and Miller(?) apart.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Did this Bradtke guy play for the Swans VFL against our VFL Tigers last year at that crappy oval in Moore Park?
I seem to remember a tall fwd taking Biggy and Miller(?) apart.
Only played in Swans VFL side against Sandringham and Roos VFL kicked a goal in each game

Reactions: 1 user

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Stoked for the lad!
Starting from the back post regarding the elite sports approach but has the potential.
Was impressive at the training i saw

Reactions: 5 users

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
I didn't realise how big he is. 195cm is tall but not giant but pair that with 95kg and he is no beanpole, plus his speed off the mark (on the lead). And if he bulks up a bit more this year he'll start to resemble the body shape of some of the great forwards of the past 20 years. Plus he is in the best academy for KPP forwards in the AFL with Professor Lynch and Vice-chancellor Riewoldt! I feel very bullish about his prospects (based on no evidence, of course :D).

• Love
Reactions: 19 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Any news on what number he will wear?
Griffen's 24, maybe.
(They wouldn't do that to him, would they?:)))
Or maybe 36 or 37.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Best of luck, for a rookie pick it's an honest stab, occasionally this comes off, Chol was the last occasion we nailed an athletic tall so there's form. The other positive is Bradtke is mature age so he won't be clogging up the list for 3-4 years, should be able to make an early call I would have thought.

Reactions: 10 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Like the choice, there's a lot of talent out there in the bush, which is why we need TBR's Barbarians as the 20th licence.

Also beats the hell out of taking a player who has been a proven mediocre player at AFL level over a period of time, we've learnt the Chris Yarran lesson.

Reactions: 4 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Is there anyone who subscribes to "The Border Mail" ? There's a new article , but it's paywalled.