Welcome Liam Baker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Liam Baker

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Dimma said we are confident on signing him. I’d give him 4 years.

He’s been another massive bonus as a rookie. Love his courage and clean hands but also that he is genuinely dual sided.

Reactions: 3 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
He's great at half back but I'd play him in the high half forward Lambert role which is so difficult to play yet so important. With Lambert nearing the end we have no one else that can play that role at the moment.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
He's great at half back but I'd play him in the high half forward Lambert role which is so difficult to play yet so important. With Lambert nearing the end we have no one else that can play that role at the moment.
Not a bad call, Harry. Don't think he's quick enough for the pure small forward role but if he can cover the ground and join in the midfield stuff it could possibly work. Maybe even create an opening for #44 if they give him a sustained go at half-back in the Magoos.

Reactions: 1 users

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Hard not to like this bloke. Good old fashioned footballer. Not one stand out skill but as tough as they come & is just good at playing footy.

Reactions: 3 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
“Cannon balls”. He hung em out in this game.
Bloody ripper this bloke. Great game from the little desperado.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
This was a very interesting game and Baker's last quarter was well above Gary Ablett. Peak Dane Swan.

11 kicks, 2 hb, 5 clearances, 1.2. Peak dane Swan.

*Well, that's because Baker was always a champion.* He wasn't in the three preceding quarters.

I'm still getting my head around it.

I don't want to just put it down to conditions but that mattered. The ground was icy. The ball wouldn't bounce. And the wind was holding the ball up but the ball still wouldn't bounce.

The game was put on for those strong at lawn height. And Baker was easily the strongest.

But I can't put these numbers, better than Gary Ablett numbers, just down to conditions. Baker was reading it and was fresh when others were tiring. He willed that football into his hands and he did was had to be done. And he was athletically awesome against elite opponents. Awesome through the core and nimble on his pegs.

Baker's match winning quarter was not just easily his best but perhaps the best final quarter by any Richmond player in history. If he kicks three instead of 1.2 he is canonised.

Conditions will favour him again tomorrow night.

Reactions: 4 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I have to broach the delicate subject of a regular poster (who is regularly wrong) rage delisting the bungling HFF Baker only eight weeks ago.

We have a covenant on PRE - that the absurd petulance of individual posters is not harked back upon. That we forgive moments of despair in our passionate compatriots. (SRSLY - this *frown* just posted "Delist".)

I'm breaking ranks on that. I've had enough of idiots just rage delisting Richmond's finest.

Liam Baker is a god of Richmond Football Club.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
I have to broach the delicate subject of a regular poster (who is regularly wrong) rage delisting the bungling HFF Baker only eight weeks ago.

We have a covenant on PRE - that the absurd petulance of individual posters is not harked back upon. That we forgive moments of despair in our passionate compatriots. (SRSLY - this *frown* just posted "Delist".)

I'm breaking ranks on that. I've had enough of idiots just rage delisting Richmond's finest.

Liam Baker is a god of Richmond Football Club.
I reserve my absurd petulance to hark back on absurd petulance.

The regular wronguns were out in force about 8 weeks ago.

This place goes a bit funny when we're not premiers.

Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I reserve my absurd petulance to hark back on absurd petulance.

The regular wronguns were out in force about 8 weeks ago.

This place goes a bit funny when we're not premiers.
This place can go a bit funny when the opposition kicks a goal- even if we are up by 10.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

That's a covenant I never signed on for.

• Haha

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Any PRE crew in Adelaide, get down to Rundle mall immediately and kiss the sculpture made to scale of Liam Baker's titanium testicles.

HEART. AND. SOUL.