Welcome Liam Baker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Liam Baker

Leaving aside that it was our beloved Bakes and that Melican seemed fine, he should go for that late high bump. I imagine the AFL will be serious about protecting the head this week and he'll get one or two.

yeah it looks like 2 weeks.

but that assumes consistency,

which is like ruling alzheimers out of the US election

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Disagree. Strongly.
Running back with the flight trying an unrealistic attempt to mark or spoil the ball is completely different than a bump deliberately chosen over another alternative like spoiling as in the Peter Wright instance.
But it’s Richmond so he’ll go for 2
I disagree just as strongly. It was well late and looked deliberate.

I disagree just as strongly. It was well late and looked deliberate.
Baker plays kamikaze football. Deliberately.
But he doesn’t bump high deliberately.
He cannoned into the contest to spoil. Accidental high contact with no injury or medical outcome.
Play on.

Reactions: 2 users
Who knows in the MRO chooklotto. Melican wasn’t hurt, played out the game. Apparently that’s taken into account. A fine?

Listening to Yeezy's presser it sounded like Bakes might be at least considering a return to WA.

I think you are right, but I felt it was clever from Yze.

Bakes will not leave for money. Yze making that very clear that if he leaves, it is for other reasons. Yze clearly tugging at the heartstrings and capitalising on Bakes loyalty.

Reactions: 1 users
Baker plays kamikaze football. Deliberately.
But he doesn’t bump high deliberately.
He cannoned into the contest to spoil. Accidental high contact with no injury or medical outcome.
Play on.

I thought he dropped his arm to avoid high contact & actually hit Pelican in the chest. It didn't look like high contact to me. If it was the other way round & a Swans player did it to one of ours I wouldn't expect a sanction.
But we are talking about the very inconsistent MRO dope. So anything's possible.
Nank got nailed for some obscure reason last week, so I guess Bakes will get a life ban.

Reactions: 1 users
The AFL will take great pleasure in suspending Baker. Especially as we have another massive mountain of injuries.

Reactions: 1 user
I think 1 week is about right. You can’t be doing that *smile* anymore.

Reactions: 4 users
The incident was graded as careless conduct, medium impact and high contact.
High contact what high contact Bakes never got close to his head Medium impact the swan played out the game
Looks like winning out of turn has consequences under corrupt AFL couldn’t suspend Bakes fast enough

Reactions: 1 user