Welcome Liam Baker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Liam Baker

tired'lilah

Tiger Cub
Oct 23, 2023
If both players, Serong and Baker, were to publicly ask that they be released from contract then you would think the deal was likely to get done.
So now we just need to get someone in his ear about how nice Melbourne is & how much his family miss him?

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
If both players, Serong and Baker, were to publicly ask that they be released from contract then you would think the deal was likely to get done.
He's their best player. Would cost Dusty type cash.
Freo would pull massive strings to keep him.
But yeah if he wanted to come to us we'd do it. 2 firsts? Baker and our top 5 pick? Thats probably the ask

tired'lilah

Tiger Cub
Oct 23, 2023
Is he gone for that 4th quarter brain fade. Looked like he jumped and caught the Swans player I the head with his shoulder?
Weeks?
It'll be 2 weeks at worst because it was low impact & the player was absolutely fine, I'm expecting 1 week with an early plea

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Bakes is back to his best and sure does put the hard work in for himself and his teammates. We can't afford to lose him at seasons end
We need to keep Bakes. He’s 26 and a leader now.

We need his 100% give it everything output week in and week out as an example to the young kids that we’re going to be drafting the next few years.

Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Listening to Yeezy's presser it sounded like Bakes might be at least considering a return to WA.

Reactions: 2 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Listening to Yeezy's presser it sounded like Bakes might be at least considering a return to WA.
Thought the same. Never doubt his week to week commitment but it feels like we are pushing but he’s ready to go home.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Cleaned up Chad Warner and kicked two on him. But was not bog. He was bog last week.

If he wants a solid gold house he gets it.

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
One thing is certain. Buying a house in Perth just increased his next contract by a few 100k per year. Wether he stays or goes!

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Leaving aside that it was our beloved Bakes and that Melican seemed fine, he should go for that late high bump. I imagine the AFL will be serious about protecting the head this week and he'll get one or two.

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Leaving aside that it was our beloved Bakes and that Melican seemed fine, he should go for that late high bump. I imagine the AFL will be serious about protecting the head this week and he'll get one or two.
Disagree. Strongly.
Running back with the flight trying an unrealistic attempt to mark or spoil the ball is completely different than a bump deliberately chosen over another alternative like spoiling as in the Peter Wright instance.
But it’s Richmond so he’ll go for 2