Welcome Liam Baker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Liam Baker

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Anyway, the header he is driving is a New Holland machine, so it is typically painted in the New Holland bright yellow.

Before reading the rest of the story I pictured Bakes with a large paint brush and black paint adding a sash for the Header.
(a clash Header if you will! :)) )

Great story.
He's a ripper that kid.

Reactions: 1 user

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Midget. Can't jump. Slow. Kicking lacks penetration. Erstwhile avant-garde haircut 2018.

Quantum aggressive with atomic smarts.

Behold. The footballer.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
A good comparison for Baker might be Andy McGrath, a pick 1. Baker shows similar poise and skill, obviously a similar size. But was a rookie.

Bombers trying to turn McGrath into a midfielder when he would be better served as a back pocket. But they have to justify the huge selection price they paid.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Keeps making me look silly predicting he's the next one to be pushed out of the squad. Just keeps getting better and better.

Reactions: 4 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Will never be dropped again. Is simply too good. Would be a hell of a player with 10 cm more on him. Elite skills.

Reactions: 2 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Keeps making me look silly predicting he's the next one to be pushed out of the squad. Just keeps getting better and better.
Never bet against the Bakes. I love the little guy. He's been able to adapt everywhere they play him. My suggestion is he takes over the Grigg role on the wing/relief ruck.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
My oldest son was an elete athlete and a tackling machine and at 175cm was considered too small for AFL was 2 years ahead of the curve. Some of the kids now on AFL lists he shut down. If you get an opportunity on an AFL list grab your opportunity with both hands.

lambert is a great example of why it’s important to persist.

Reactions: 1 users

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Reminds me of Stevie Morris - Bakes keeps on his feet though. Pure genius.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Reminds me of Stevie Morris - Bakes keeps on his feet though. Pure genius.

Steve Morris? Please that's almost disrespectful. The only similarity is fearlessness. Baker has awareness, composure, skills on both sides....

Watch a replay and see how many times under pressure he finds the right option by hand or foot. He resembles a shorter Vlastuin for mine.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Steve Morris? Please that's almost disrespectful. The only similarity is fearlessness. Baker has awareness, composure, skills on both sides....

Watch a replay and see how many times under pressure he finds the right option by hand or foot. He resembles me of a shorter Vlastuin.

Spot on.