Welcome Noah Cumberland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Noah Cumberland

Pity the Cummerbund had a wrinkle or two in his goal kicking yesterday, could have started his senior career in a blaze of glory. Reckon he's got enough attributes to play as the third n mobile forward, not big enough to play as a key forward Lynch replacement.

Reactions: 2 users
180 183/80 marking forward. Tough ask. I thought he did well. Is a bit scrappy but attacks the ball.

Reactions: 2 users
No he’s not that tall
He’s Dusty’s size
Didn't say he was tall n he's got nowhere near the arse that Dusty has. If Jaaack n the Lynchman are playing the tall pack breaking n contested marking roles n Dusty n Shai are just roaming forward n doing their own thing at times. There's still a need for a reasonable mobile forward capable of taking a mark creating a secondary contest n kicking a goal or two. Needs to grow a bit more motor n learn how to run two ways a bit, but he could easily fill Georgies role n he's a similar size.
Cummers could have snagged a five for in his first senior game but got two n a bit.
Georgie could have snagged four in his 131st game n gave us *smile*.

Happy to make an uneducated guess as to who I think has more improvement in his game going forward.

Reactions: 1 user
I like that he’s dangerous in the air and on the ground and needs a decent defender on him or can cause some damage.

Reactions: 3 users
Hardwick can take the blame for his jitters this week.

He should have been selected initially. He could have prepared mentally for the game. Instead he was out, then in as sub, then in the 22. Horrible lead in to your first real game.

But he played well anyway. He has Riewoldt like instincts. He looked the most likely to create forward. Maybe not enough size. We'll see.

If we have any integrity in our development, he must start on the field this week.

• Dislike
Reactions: 7 users
He kicks like that all the time, burger.

I tell you what, I was screaming at him in the third quarter when they had a mark on their HB line. I could see from the 10th row that Rory Atkins was going to run past for the handball, but Cumbers was content to stand next to his own man and let Atkins gain 80 metres.

I'm not sure Cumbers is as fit as Sydney Stack.

Reactions: 1 users
He kicks like that all the time, burger.

I tell you what, I was screaming at him in the third quarter when they had a mark on their HB line. I could see from the 10th row that Rory Atkins was going to run past for the handball, but Cumbers was content to stand next to his own man and let Atkins gain 80 metres.

I'm not sure Cumbers is as fit as Sydney Stack.
I woulda had Stack in ahead of him until the injury.

Cumberland is a work in progress. But had earned an opportunity ahead of Old Unreliables like Aarts. And he was really thrown in sideways, which never helps confidence. We really messed up selection this week.

I woulda had Stack in ahead of him until the injury.

Cumberland is a work in progress. But had earned an opportunity ahead of Old Unreliables like Aarts. And he was really thrown in sideways, which never helps confidence. We really messed up selection this week.
Yeah, I don't disagree.

I do , we don’t need another 5”8 in the side , although ahead of George or aarts maybe , cumbo adds with that med tall that can bob up in right places compete in the air
Stack is 5'10. Cumbers is 6ft. Which is a small. A marking small. Similar players, except Stack is fitter, far more defensively-minded and a much better kick.

He should have been selected initially. He could have prepared mentally for the game. Instead he was out, then in as sub, then in the 22. Horrible lead in to your first real game.

But he played well anyway. He has Riewoldt like instincts. He looked the most likely to create forward. Maybe not enough size. We'll see.

If we have any integrity in our development, he must start on the field this week.

Whilst that is true re: selection - reckon in time his field kicking in particular will give you (and us) a lot of frustration.

He has a very scrappy ball drop/action that will make it very hard to balance up and execute when under any sort of pressure.

Whilst that is true re: selection - reckon in time his field kicking in particular will give you (and us) a lot of frustration.

He has a very scrappy ball drop/action that will make it very hard to balance up and execute when under any sort of pressure.
his kicking is atrocious

Almost unplayable , shame because it looks like he has everything else very George like

first time id really watched him play. So VFL watchers; feel free to comment. Against the Suns- did he play a little like a VFL player... as in- did he sneak out the back a bit too much (sort of Jack Higgins style) and just presume that like in a lower standard of footy- the ball would get turned over by a skill error from the Suns and so he could get on the end of a few? He seemed to not put as much effort into his forward defensive craft as he needed to at AFl level (the higher skilled players dont turn the ball over quite as easily as the level down). But again- i wasnt at the ground to watch his defensive work so i might be well off here. Either way; some good signs with his aerial attack on the ball when it was his turn to go. Hopefully he can get his ball drop right and the coaches show him some good footage from the game to learn from.

What are you going on about? He was selected as an emergency, selected as sub from the emergencies, then subbed in early when Lynch injured. How is that horrible? That is how the system works. Bizaare post.

You can say IYO he should have been selected initially, fair enough, everyone has the right to an opinion. But to say it was somehow a breach of his human rights that he got to debut for the Tigers and kick some goals just because it didn't happen exactly as you thought it should have is very odd.

Reactions: 4 users
Lot of nice words said about cumberland here and had a decent game but im not seeing a 100 game AFL player
with his flaws

* Kicking
* Tackling
* Selfish
* Defence

Good luck to the kid and hope it was just nerves

Should have had 5 and the Rising Star Nomination…
If he kicks 5. It's not even a debate. More importantly we win the game.
But he didn't. He missed some sodas that he has to kick as a smallish forward to survive.
It was an opportunity missed by Noah for him & us. First gamer & a late call up so don't want to be too critical though.
Less his fault we lost than many others.

What are you going on about? He was selected as an emergency, selected as sub from the emergencies, then subbed in early when Lynch injured. How is that horrible? That is how the system works. Bizaare post.

You can say IYO he should have been selected initially, fair enough, everyone has the right to an opinion. But to say it was somehow a breach of his human rights that he got to debut for the Tigers and kick some goals just because it didn't happen exactly as you thought it should have is very odd.

Debuting a young player like that is just bad management. It's not a breach of human rights, but it is unsupportive.

Hardwick himself has said before that you want to make selection clear to a new player as early as possible to give them time to prepare.

But this is the end result of our worst ever week at selection.

1. Jake Aarts should never ever ever be selected.
2. Naming Jack Ross when he was clearly injured.
3. Not rewarding Cumberland (until forced) after weeks of good form.
4. Missing an opportunity to see what Sonsie could do after good form.

Which is backed up by previous non selection of Stack after repeated BOGs.

We selected what was clearly a losing side. And if we were going to do that anyway we could have at least given Cumberland a chance to set himself for the game.

• Dislike
Reactions: 4 users