Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Our Achilles heal.
Besides combating Tall marking forwards.
Short struggles period when it comes to one on ones.
Congilio isnt Lockett but he made Short look like a rag doll..

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Kicking was superb yesterday. Weapon. Baker is a link man but his kicking is loopy.
Shorty's kicking is second only to dusty, but bakes has him in all other facets. And bakes kicking isn't bad, it's pretty good

Reactions: 3 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Short plays Round 1. But the heat will come on him to hold his spot. Stack and Baker have been better contributors this Marsh series.

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
We need to look past Shorts weakness in the one on one contested stuff and appreciate his long penetrating kicking from defence. He's in the team for his positive attributes and long penetrating kicking, like crazy castagna chaos, is an ingredient of the richmond recipe.

Reactions: 3 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
We need to look past Shorts weakness in the one on one contested stuff and appreciate his long penetrating kicking from defence. He's in the team for his positive attributes and long penetrating kicking, like crazy castagna chaos, is an ingredient of the richmond recipe.

Agree with Flossy Dylan and Broad 9 times out of 10 he would get a chop out

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
It wasn't that long ago the Houli's weakness was his one on one contested stuff. It doesn't seem to be an issue now. I think Shorty is getting better slowly.
His metres gained is vital to our gamestyle.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
It wasn't that long ago the Houli's perceived weakness was his one on one contested stuff. It doesn't seem to be an issue now. I think Shorty is getting better slowly.
His metres gained is vital to our gamestyle.

Fixed That For You

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Compare his game to Bakers game.
Short handballs to noone.
Bakers flies into a pack and spoils the ball.
Short misses a tacke, Carlton goals.
Baker runs 30 metres to take broads opponent and tackles him.
Short isnt a defencers ass hole

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Regressed. Nervous, hesitant, fumbly. No run.

Would have been nice to see him attempt to take up some of Houli slack, come through the line and attack the corridor, but we basically got a mini-me DTLD.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Another who has been average in both outings this year.

Only has one string to his bow, and that hasn't yet changed.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Concur with the above posts. Shorty struggled a little defensively last week against the Pies who admittedly have some very good small forwards.
Our defence was very good but of all of them I felt he was the weakest link.
Looking for an improved performance & won't want to have another poor game tonight.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Concur with the above posts. Shorty struggled a little defensively last week against the Pies who admittedly have some very good small forwards.
Our defence was very good but of all of them I felt he was the weakest link.
Looking for an improved performance & won't want to have another poor game tonight.
If Ross plays down back and does well, it will be interesting who goes out when and if Bakes comes back in.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Best game for the year for him, which is good as he has been poor in the first 2 games.

Needs to keep going.

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
When are we going to realise that a defenders first priority must be to stop his opponent. The second priority is to get the ball and use it effectively. Reckon too many of our players (Short included) have their priorities back to front. Mind you they are not helped by an unaccountable midfield who let their players run forward with limited pressure.