Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
The club has hard decision this year If a club comes and offers overs and do we allow to walk, to allow us get compo pick under 20 most likely?
I would let him go.

Reactions: 1 user

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
The club has hard decision this year If a club comes and offers overs and do we allow to walk, to allow us get compo pick under 20 most likely?
I would let him go.

It’s an interesting one Zips. Given we’ve invested in some HBF like Brown and Ralphsmith, given Rioli isn’t moving (and is also out of contract) and given we’ve signed Vlastuin long term I’d be interested to see what the club do. If the compensation pick is right I tend to agree.

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
Someone will offer him Ellis (Gold Coast) like money. What are we willing to pay him? I dont know. If you could get him for a number with a 5 in front of it I say do it for 3 ish years.

Anything with a 6 in front you need to weigh it up on where we finish and what sort of pick it might generate

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Someone will offer him Ellis (Gold Coast) like money. What are we willing to pay him? I dont know. If you could get him for a number with a 5 in front of it I say do it for 3 ish years.

Anything with a 6 in front you need to weigh it up on where we finish and what sort of pick it might generate
I wouldn't be giving Short anything over 500k

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Why would anyone in their right mind let him go?

Shorty is a star, and judging from the players reaction to his goal, a hugely popular one.

Reactions: 2 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Other than 20 seconds of panic at the end of the second, Shorty's ball use and DIMBY looks to have levelled up. Kicking with penetration and discretion rather than up and unders. Physicality at the required.

View attachment 15004
The kick OOF was SHorty at his worst, a panicked kick under pressure, that jsut goes up and up and up. and out. He did another, round the same time, not sure if you are referring to that one, where he just panicked kicked it to about 50 out straight to a dogs player.

other than that he was good last night, not as good as the Giants game where he was close to BOG, but at the standard we need every week.

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The kick OOF was SHorty at his worst, a panicked kick under pressure, that jsut goes up and up and up. and out. He did another, round the same time, not sure if you are referring to that one, where he just panicked kicked it to about 50 out straight to a dogs player.

other than that he was good last night, not as good as the Giants game where he was close to BOG, but at the standard we need every week.
Yep, referring to both kicks, and yep, he's been good.