Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
“He is one of five premiership Tigers who are free agents this year, with Jayden Short in discussions over a deal that could be as long as five years.” –

From afl.com.au

I’m a fan of Short but five years is ridiculous. If another club wants to give him five, I’d trade him.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
“He is one of five premiership Tigers who are free agents this year, with Jayden Short in discussions over a deal that could be as long as five years.” –

From afl.com.au

I’m a fan of Short but five years is ridiculous. If another club wants to give him five, I’d trade him.
5 years has him playing 2027 as a 31 year old. I don’t like 5 year contracts but I think Shorty is durable enough to still be playing at 31.

Reactions: 2 users

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
5 years for a B grade player...seriously no. what would we get a first round pick as a trade?

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Will be All Australian (and our only player with Shai Bolton who has any chance of even making the squad) if he continues in this form. He‘s 26, ultra durable and in career form. They will come for him. 5 x 500 is par.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012

From afl.com.au

I would give him 5 years in a heart beat.

His defensive work has levelled up this year. He's now 'competent'.

Coupled with his outside running and kicking game being 'Elite', and you have as good a player as you could hope to get in that position.

Houli was a similar profile.

Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I think we are taking too much of what is written on a website as gospel and even then it says "as long as 5 years".

Probably what is happening is his agent wants a 5 year deal and we have offered something less. Most of these rumours come from player agents

Personally I would offer someone like him 3 and be prepared to go to 4 if necessary. You never know where a player will be at in their late 20s

I like Shorty as a player but he is probably the type that we have more cover for than any other

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
5 years for two HBFs? Who are we, Carlton? Questionable list management.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
He is our quarter back but his disposal is ineffective. I wouldn’t be offering him any outrageous contract.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Worked hard. Can't kick. The first bit keeps improving.
So much this. Early when it was obvious we were trying to tack our way up the ground, changing angles, going short, our "best ball user" kept bombing long to contests. I hope he got a rocket. But he is competing. (Was on Spargo, though, eh?)

Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
With a dearth of “potential “ half backs and Pickett and Ralphsmith out let’s try Short on a wing , much easier for a cub to learn the caper of half back

Batchelor Party

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2011
USA
With a dearth of “potential “ half backs and Pickett and Ralphsmith out let’s try Short on a wing , much easier for a cub to learn the caper of half back
With Vlastiun, Mansell, Broad, Grimes, Gibcus and Rioli and Tarrant we seem to be set back there. I agree, try him on a wing. He is not an elite kick but he can run and move it fast. Needs to work on his decision making, not everything needs to be a 50 metre bomb.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
It was a different look… ok with no pressure tonight… not sold if it was more crash n bash… again, hard to judge

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Easily Shorty's best game for the Tigers. In everything so maybe he really is the mid we have been looking for
Really liked this move. Some of his kicks were sublime. Some misses. I would like to see him trialled again.

Gave us another look at options.

A lot of us were calling for this move.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Agree hard to judge but that was the best midfield display so far this season.
The experiment should continue.

Reactions: 1 user