Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
I wouldn't expect him to attend many centre bounces, but I reckon he will be be swapping with Dusty/Bolton after they attend the bounce.
He'll also get a gig in the CB as the receiver, getting hands from Hopper/Cotch and delivering deep forward.

His speed is a key attribute that adds to the midfield gang

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
"Another opportunity to verse an opposition..."

What the hell does that mean?

Bloody youth...

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Dunno why we’re trying Ralph and Mansell off half back when that’s always been Short’s best spot.

Now that we have Hopper and Taranto, stick him back where he won a JD Medal. He needs the ground in front of him with space. Not so good in the traffic and 360 situations.

Let him defend and clear off half back again.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Dunno why we’re trying Ralph and Mansell off half back when that’s always been Short’s best spot.

Now that we have Hopper and Taranto, stick him back where he won a JD Medal. He needs the ground in front of him with space. Not so good in the traffic and 360 situations.

Let him defend and clear off half back again.
Ralph and Mansell aren't going to be in the ones. They're trying to find a place for Short because The Prince and Bakes have the small defender spots. JD or no JD, they're better than him.

Centre square ain't it though. I thought Lambo role.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Short is a star. He's also a verry popular snr plyer.
You don't become a dual Premiership player, JDM medalist if you're not.
That said. He's got to lift. pressure is coming from below in the roles he plays..
That is a very good thing BTW.

Reactions: 6 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Ralph and Mansell aren't going to be in the ones. They're trying to find a place for Short because The Prince and Bakes have the small defender spots. JD or no JD, they're better than him.

Centre square ain't it though. I thought Lambo role.
I think he makes The Prince better if he plays hbf.
As with Houli, having 2 attacking options is too much for the bad guys.

But can we play all 3 including Bakes? Too small down back?

Maybe he's role is a Lambo twist. Starts half forward but shifts to deep rebound (a kick behind the stoppage /hbf)
And then open the throttles and run

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
"Another opportunity to verse an opposition..."

What the hell does that mean?

Bloody youth...
Yeah, heard that. Seems “verse” as in going up against someone and not part of a song is here to stay. I guess they say the English language keeps devolving , sorry, evolving…..

Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Probably either confused the application of the word “conversant” or is slanging the word “conversant” down. Who the hell would know with these crazy kids nowadays….

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania

Maybe he's role is a Lambo twist. Starts half forward but shifts to deep rebound (a kick behind the stoppage /hbf)

interesting dilemma - and a good one to have.

I saw Lamberts role written all over Judy’s goal yesterday - sets up play on the wing then receives near the goal square for a major.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Probably either confused the application of the word “conversant” or is slanging the word “conversant” down. Who the hell would know with these crazy kids nowadays….
They hear 'Richmond versus Carlton' (Richmond against Carlton) and think it's 'Richmond verses Carlton' (Richmond plays Carlton). So we get 'who are we versing next week?' and abominations like that.

Short is a star. He's also a verry popular snr plyer.
You don't become a dual Premiership player, JDM medalist if you're not.
That said. He's got to lift. pressure is coming from below in the roles he plays..
That is a very good thing BTW.
Yeah, I'm not bagging Short, Oldie. But Daniel is the best line-breaking HBF in the comp. And Bakes is a ground-ball-winning terrier. Seven defenders: Tarrant, Balta, Grimes, Broad, Vlastuin, Rioli, Baker. Am I wrong? As I said, they're trying to find Shorty a spot because they want him in the team, but who would you rather in the midfield, Short or Sonsie? Who would you rather in the forward line, Short or Cumbo? On the wing - Short or KMac/Marlion?

I'm sure he'll play most if not every game. I'm just not sure where.

Reactions: 5 users

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
Can see a Brandon Ellis situation again.
Being ruthless without being seen as ruthless by the playing group.

Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Shorty had a bad game. One moment in particular was egregious and as a senior player, he should do better. He gathered the ball on the edge of the square near the wing. Had time to turn and assess his options. Corr coming at him front-on. Juddy Clarke to his right. Just has to draw the man, give the handball and Juddy's off to the races and we likely get a shot at goal. Instead he tries to dummy the man and duck back inside. Corr's not having it because everyone in the league knows Short doesn't handball. Takes Short front-on, ball spills (probably should have been droping the ball), The Prince mops up but Ziebell wins it back and they go down and goal.

Selfish play by Short. Just because you're the deisgnated kicker doesn't mean you always have to kick. I hope it's pointed out to him. Give that ball, especially to a whippet like Clarke, especially to a kid, especially in a practice game, but most especially because it's the right play no matter who was in the jumper except maybe Soldo.

Reactions: 13 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004

Could not agree more.
It was evident yesterday as we were constantly out marked in our back line.
This why.

North Melbourne went with a very tall forward line, with Nick Larkey, Callum Coleman-Jones, Charlie Comben and Eddie Ford all featuring; Comben in particular having some promising moments up against established Richmond defenders like Dylan Grimes, Robbie Tarrant (playing a half each) and Noah Balta.