Welcome to Richmond - Kaleb Smith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Kaleb Smith

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Not quite full farce at the moment, but definitely farcy. Like outer crust farcy.

I think they are being cautious as the lad is coming back from a navicular, and they want to manage his workload.

But yeah, he's cooking nicely.
Agree. I'd rather he gained consistency at VFL.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Some astute PRE posters might have another one wrong.

First Samson and now Kaleb.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Kaleb has skills and athletic abilities that could evolve into a very good player.

He is a slow burn this year due to his Navicular fracture and the club needs to take it easy with him cos if he re injures it or ends up with stress hot spots or fractures it again he could be done and dusted.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
Spot on. Exactly what I thought watching the VFL.
Think he'll get fast tracked.
Think he will be managed. Unless the injuries keep piling up and he’s played out of necessity.

Like Craig said, coming back from his injury needs to be managed. Career ending or at least career crippling injury for some.

2nd VFL game last weekend of his career. Has shown plenty, looked impressive last year before his injury. But I’d hope we are careful about the loads we put on him.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
First time I’ve seen Smith play , really liked what I saw , the boring old “ looks like a footballer” is my call , not sure if he’s quick , but certainly seemed to move well above all else

Reactions: 2 users

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
He won the 20m sprint with a blistering time of 2.881 seconds and also posted a top-three finish in the agility testing.
Exciting couple of modern flankers. Smith/Brown

Reactions: 3 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Didn’t say he wasn’t , said not sure , first time I’d seen him play , thought he looked a very good footballer and to be a later pick wondered what the knock on him was/is

Missed most of his draft year (2022) through injury so kept him under the radar. Played school footy then dominated late at Colts level in the WAFL.

Our 2022 draft had a mediocre hand to play, but is quietly building.

Smith, Greene, Campbell, Young all taking steps forward.

Reactions: 6 users

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Missed most of his draft year (2022) through injury so kept him under the radar. Played school footy then dominated late at Colts level in the WAFL.

Was a State cricketer and only took football seriously from U/17 onwards.

Reactions: 5 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

So effectively missed 2 years of football.

Upside is huge.