Welcome to Richmond - Kaleb Smith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Kaleb Smith

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Only saw the first half on my phone but a couple of nice plays by Kaleb.

His defensive efforts also wouldn't have gone unseen by the coaches. Thought he was good defensively and used the ball well on offence. He'll get more of it offensively as he plays more games.

Reactions: 3 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
His defensive efforts also wouldn't have gone unseen by the coaches. Thought he was good defensively and used the ball well on offence. He'll get more of it offensively as he plays more games.
Kaleb is still basically training only once a week as they build him up from that season ending foot injury last year and today was his debut game so i'd say he has plenty of scope to improve.

Reactions: 14 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
There's a bit of a line to play HBF in the ones, Olds. But he looks promising. Elite pace, anticipated well, good hands.
Shame hes coming off a navicular, he might be an option as a fast-running athletic marking wingman.

Slower burn with his management

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Kaleb is still basically training only once a week as they build him up from that season ending foot injury last year and today was his debut game so i'd say he has plenty of scope to improve.

Thanks Caesar, good to know about his level of training. Probably park him from the 1sts this year I'd guess. I think he has massive upside, really looking forward to seeing his development.

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Watching the replay. Very impressive. Not just an athlete, looks have footy skills and IQ too, knowing when to come off his man and impact. Likey.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Didn't watch the game against the Suns. Got a good report from Stevie Morris.
He got 3 clearances, did he attend any centre bounces, or were they from stoppages?

Kaleb Smith (19 disposals, five marks, three clearances)

"Had his best game for the club. It's great to see him growing in confident confidence each and every week. He's very diligent at the club working at his game, and he's reaping the rewards from that."

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

"Had his best game for the club. It's great to see him growing in confident confidence each and every week. He's very diligent at the club working at his game, and he's reaping the rewards from that."

The next most exciting prospect on our list after Mcaullife.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

The next most exciting prospect on our list after Mcaullife.
That's grim. Still think he is a way off.

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
The coaches reckon he’s got the best attitude of any junior to walk through the club in a very long time. They love him and reckon he’ll do whatever it takes to make it.
And from meeting him last night at Club 80, he’s rocketed to the top of my 5 favourite players. Full of personality and humanity. Thanked us all for coming and for the venue for hosting us. Rare humility for a 19yr old.
It’s a pity I didn’t have a spare pair of undies, having already flung them at McCauliff earlier in the night

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
The coaches reckons he’s got the best attitude of any junior to walk through the club in a very long time. They love him and reckon he’ll do whatever it takes to make it.
And from meeting him last night at Club 80, he’s rocketed to the top of my top 5 favourite players. Full of personality and humanity. Thanked us all for coming and for the venue for hosting us. Rare humility for a 19yr old.
It’s a pity I didn’t have a spare pair of undies, having already flung them at McCauliff earlier in the night

Any little snippets you can pass on from the night DA. I know the cone of silence descends for most of the night. :))

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
The coaches reckons he’s got the best attitude of any junior to walk through the club in a very long time. They love him and reckon he’ll do whatever it takes to make it.
And from meeting him last night at Club 80, he’s rocketed to the top of my top 5 favourite players. Full of personality and humanity. Thanked us all for coming and for the venue for hosting us. Rare humility for a 19yr old.
I noticed it in that video where he, a West Australian new to the City of Melbourne, drove to Tullamarine to pick up McAuliffe and Fawcett, and conducted it all really well making them feel welcome.

Can you tell us more on what he said yesterday? Was Ooze there?

Reactions: 1 user

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Any little snippets you can pass on from the night DA. I know the cone of silence descends for most of the night. :))
As you know they don’t like passing on information discussed on the night but saying that, there wasn’t really anything confidential in nature.
Fawcett and Colina both have stress fractures in their lower backs and both should be ready to resume training in a month. Putting it down to training loads that they probably weren’t ready fire. Colina’s was a repeat of the same injury from last year where he weighed in at 116kg and wasn’t ready for the running demands of AFL. He’s now 104kg and really looking forward to getting back to playing.
McCauliff spoke well and I asked him about the draft. Clarke admitted to him that he was their target but understood that other clubs weren’t going to pick him in that range so we played a cool hand there.
Smith was a state cricketer who played football for fun with his mates. Decided to get serious from U/17s as he saw more of a future in AFL.

Reactions: 13 users