Welcome to Richmond Seth Campbell | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond Seth Campbell

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
For the junior watchers, how did he slip to the rookie draft?

Not so much a junior watcher. But know Seth's journey well Harold.

In his latter (16-17,18 y.o) years he wasn't hidden. Played well for Tas in U17's then also for the Devils in TAC. Ave 19 poss, 5 marks, 4 tackles 1 goal a game.

Also played for the Allies in his draft year.

Reckon being off broadway in Tassie helped him slide and had good but not dominant form as a small/medium forward.

He is an aerobic freak and always has been. The ground he covers and to keep producing late in games off such a limited base is unreal.

On midfield potential that a few have touched on - Like most kids who are better everyone else he played there at club level. It's not foreign to him.

ILO he needs to get better on his left side (hand and foot) to make it there. But he has just turned 19 and essentially jumped straight from TAC to AFL level. The trend hasn't stopped going north.

Nothing would surprise, as there won't be a more dedicated, level-headed kid on our list.

• Love
Reactions: 24 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Could Seth be a Gulden type ?
Gulden is dual sided and has a neat side step. Agility they the roof.
Some similarities with Seth. Maybe we could structure our midfield with Seth as a wide link up player

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Covered a lazy 14.6km yesterday, equal highest in our side with Taranto. Was also top 5 in the game for total sprint efforts, repeat sprint efforts and distance covered at high speed.

Looks like we have a footballer and an athlete here.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 24 users

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
So the one youngster that shone very brightly yesterday is a Tasmanian. Mmmm....
He isn't actually Tasmanian, he is from Southern Victoria.

If everyone could repeat this to any AFL ppl they are around, it would be appreciated.

Reactions: 2 users

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
One similarity I’ve noticed with Gulden is that he just glides across the turf. Very smooth mover

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
One similarity I’ve noticed with Gulden is that he just glides across the turf. Very smooth mover
That 'smooth' run on the boundary and turn to bullet pass to Rio was Duz like.

Reactions: 1 user

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
He isn't actually Tasmanian, he is from Southern Victoria.

If everyone could repeat this to any AFL ppl they are around, it would be appreciated.
Thanks K3. Where did he play his junior footy though....?

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Covered a lazy 14.6km yesterday, equal highest in our side with Taranto. Was also top 5 in the game for total sprint efforts, repeat sprint efforts and distance covered at high speed.

Looks like we have a footballer and an athlete here.
If he can run all day and be smart with the ball we have a long termer. And we do.

Desperate for smarts, he is a welcome commodity. High half forward role is crucial in today's football.

Should be our Kane Lambert replacement. Promising signs.

Reactions: 3 users

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Says 'Burnie native' here.
View attachment 22218
Nooo... it is Southern Victoria. Just way southern... We don't like to talk about exactly where he is from, just that it is Southern Victoria!

No reason for the new Tassie club to think they can get their hands on him.

Nope... None... Nil...

Reactions: 4 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
he executes the simplest skill in footy better than anyone in the AFL already;

weighting a handball perfectly for a bloke running absolutely full pelt.

everyone can do it to the mm at training, most are >25mm out in a game, some thousands of mm out.

But if im running at 35km/hr in front of 50,000 people and I get to nominate anyone to handball it too me,

im going 'Seth Campbell please'

its mm perfect through time and space.

assemble a dozen blokes who work comfortably in this dimension (yes, its 'clean'. Clean),

and you wins premierships

Seth is as clean by hand, as bakes is with a half volley. and I dont say that flippantly.

clean footballers get me out of bed in the morning

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Nooo... it is Southern Victoria. Just way southern... We don't like to talk about exactly where he is from, just that it is Southern Victoria!

No reason for the new Tassie club to think they can get their hands on him.

Nope... None... Nil...
Oh OK, I get your drift :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1 user

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
The thing that stood out to me, besides his athleticism and beautiful kicking, was that he is a genuine one touch player. Just super clean and that can’t be taught.

Reactions: 3 users