Welcome to Richmond Seth Campbell | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond Seth Campbell

I thought he was horrible early doors.

Kept his head though, kept running. And look at the result.

Learned more about him today than the other games.

I actually felt his early game he was playing to a different set of instructions than his previous games. He looked to be running different angles at the contest and to the ball direction.

I did wonder if this might have been a ploy to unsettle the Swans, who certainly did seem out of sorts in their backline early when usually this is a great strength.

I do reckon the Swans put some homework into Seth.

Reactions: 1 user
Can someone find the kid a local girlfriend who is very close to her family and couldn't possibly move down to Tassie in a few years
If you can find derwane Russell interview with Seth on sen1116. Think it was last week..have a listen you will be very happy

Late in the game Seth had Shai running inside him a metre ahead and running twice as fast, 100% he should have handballed off to Shai instead he kicked it long to short arse Sonsie who was out numbered 2 to 1. Shai rightly gave him a spray, (or at least politely suggested what he should have done ;) ).
Otherwise good game good pressure good brain, missed a couple.

Reactions: 8 users
Shai gave him an absolute gobfull after that great pick up. Shai was hurtling beside him wanting the hands, Seth was focused forward, didn’t see him or ignored him and kicked.
Thing was Seth was going as fast as Shai.
Probably should have given it because it was Shai but didn’t really matter. Showed Bolton was heavily invested in the outcome and wanted to get it done himself, all good signs
Was right above that play
Probably should have given it to shai
But kicking in this long did give our team to re set in defence which was one of our main tactics on the day

He has some tools and works really hard, but he still has a high turnover rate. At least he always follows up when he makes mistakes and keeps trying. Never hangs his head which is good to see.

Just needs to clean up that disposal, his decision making seems good but just his execution lets him down

Reactions: 3 users
Seth is just scratching the surface for what sort of player he is going to be, he only played, what, 3 VFL games last year.
I'm going to really enjoy the ride that Seth is going to give us.

Reactions: 9 users
Love the SETH

* Fact
Seth Campbell is only 60 days older than Kane McAuliff

just think about that for a minute

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
Third on the ground for kms covered in the match. Top 5 for total sprints and repeat sprint efforts. Also had 14 disposals and 8 inside 50 (7 turnovers but who cares right?) and a lazy 418m gained.

Definitely one to watch.
Was = km's with Taranto last week too. Kid has a decent tank.

Reactions: 1 users
Love the SETH

* Fact
Seth Campbell is only 60 days older than Kane McAuliff

just think about that for a minute
A latish rookie selection with so many physical attributes.
Shows up the system as being highly subjective with gaping holes large enough for a player like Cambell to almost fall through.
He doesn’t get drafted and does his groin/hip flexer at a suburban/bush league like he did at Richmond last year, where does he end up? Stacking shelves at Coles?
Our win.

Reactions: 3 users
Plays with pure quality. Smooth on the ground but he needs to hit the target when taking a shot.

Kid's just barely taking his first steps as an AFL player, lot to like so far. If he stays on trajectory he's gunna be very watchable once he's got 40 to 50 games under the belt n matured everything a little bit. Might be smooth as a 20 year old single malt.

Like him the more I see him , some great wing to wing leeds to be an option was showing a great work rate

Reactions: 1 users
only watched the last quarter,

and Seth was massive.

the later and closer a game, the better he is. rare.

im a huge fan

these great rookies and third rounders are going to really accelerate our rebuild

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Both Lyon and Matt Hill commented how good that pick up was by Seth. Future 200 gamer right there.

Reactions: 2 users