Welcome to Richmond Seth Campbell | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond Seth Campbell

Mantikorr

Tiger Superstar
Apr 26, 2006
Makes plenty of mistakes but generally does while trying to make something happen and for that, I have plenty of time for him.

FYI, was once again on top 5 players for distance covered in the match. Work rate is already elite.
Work rate is fine, but so is McIntosh's and plenty pot him about his disposal too

Reactions: 1 user

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
His turnovers were kicks to the middle of the ground not even to a contest. There's a lot of rose coloured glasses on with this guy. He's just not ready yet but we don't seem to have many other options.
He belongs, it’s just some panic decision making that’ll come with experience. He’s not keeping anyone out of the side, we just shouldn’t be using him in such a crucial part of the field right now.

Reactions: 1 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
His turnovers were kicks to the middle of the ground not even to a contest. There's a lot of rose coloured glasses on with this guy. He's just not ready yet but we don't seem to have many other options.
I think I’ve watched at least 3 VFL games this season and not sure who you’d replace him with. He’s 5 games into an AFL career - I’ll wear a few turnovers while he picks up 18 touches each week.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
He wasn't great, but the fact he found the ball 18 times is pleasing in itself. Needs a solid run of games.

Reactions: 8 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Dropped off from last week's performance, but that's not unexpected.
Campbell is going to be a good player.
Just need to keep pumping games into him.

Reactions: 3 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
100%
He is a definite prospect - but as such will go though lulls as well as highs
Love watching him

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Clearly his worst game but he's 19 so that will happen. At least he gets involved. That's better than not being able to get near it

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Turned the game with that horrendous kick when we out numbered them going forward.
Once again he hasn't kicked a goal.
I don't see what others see with this kid beside a good pick up last week.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Still covered over 14km again today. Second most behind Taranto. He's certainly putting in the work.
It's really good to Cover 14kms but it's even better when you hit targets.
He hasn't and dosent hit the scoreboard and his decision making is headless chook quality

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
He is just a kid learning the game at the highest level and overall doing a pretty good job at it . I rate him as a possible future captain

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
It's really good to Cover 14kms but it's even better when you hit targets.
He hasn't and dosent hit the scoreboard and his decision making is headless chook quality

Maybe cut him some slack being as he's in what his 5th game. Disposal was a bit iffy today, but his workrate and positioning is outstanding for a kid his age that we got in the rookie draft. He seemed to rush a few of his disposals today, but 7 contested possessions for a high half forward is good, 2 goal assists to go with that.

There will be very few of our kids that come in and perform their best every game, its collective improvement that we expect to see. I think his spell of 5 games has been very good and shows a quality player in the future.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
This is a four gamer or whatever. He can make all the mistakes he likes. He's licensed to do that while we stretch him.

Not to say it would kill him to hit a Richmond player or the goals.

He bungled several times today then forgot for a while the first three rules of football. Go again. Go again. Go again. He got back into it.

Reactions: 5 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Not going to complain about a kid in his first few games who works n works n works while sometimes stuffing up. Experience n a tad of in game exposure will enable him to smooth n polish his ball use. The run n work he already seems to have covered.

Reactions: 4 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I thought for a 5 gamer, he was great! Set a very high bar very quickly.

Reactions: 3 users