Welcome to Richmond Tyson Stengle | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond Tyson Stengle

bullus_hit said:
No chance, Daniel has elite endurance and can run sub 3 second sprint. Stengle's best hope is becoming an impact forward in the Betts mould.

Cheers bullus.

bullus_hit said:
No chance, Daniel has elite endurance and can run sub 3 second sprint. Stengle's best hope is becoming an impact forward in the Betts mould.

Just out of interest and i know he's mid/late 20s now what was betts beep test when he was drafted Bully?

Tigertough1974 said:
Just out of interest and i know he's mid/late 20s now what was betts beep test when he was drafted Bully?

Don't have the numbers but my recollection of Betts was that he was quick but very unfit. He ran a very slow beep, somewhere in the mid 11's but was also playing sore so probably not entirely accurate. I know when he was at Carlton he was in the top bracket for speed.

Similar to Betts in a lotb of respects. Play similar. Both missed out in national draft. I remember being surprised that Betts didn't go in the ND as he stood out in u18 games I saw. Similarly with Stengle I was surprised he was available to us as a rookie. I remember Betts standing out in AFL from an early stage and I reckon Stengle might too if he can get off the rookie list

bullus_hit said:
Don't have the numbers but my recollection of Betts was that he was quick but very unfit. He ran a very slow beep, somewhere in the mid 11's but was also playing sore so probably not entirely accurate. I know when he was at Carlton he was in the top bracket for speed.

Cheers Bully

T-Shirt Tommy said:
Extremely laid back kid.

what, laid back while someone shovels pies in? (Buddha Kirby, not our hardworking Tyson)

Encouraging start.
The injection of Indigenous talent in Stengle, Bolton & Rioli in recent times is changing up our previously beige look.
Chocco has driven this of that I have no doubt.
Tyson no guarantees to make it but he sure doesn't look out of place at this early stage.
Will watch with interest..

Didn't do a great deal from limited game time, however showed some nice skills and smarts ,always good when they kind find the goals in there first game.

CC TIGER said:
Didn't do a great deal from limited game time, however showed some nice skills and smarts ,always good when they kind find the goals in there first game.

x2

Didn't mind that mark he took in the last in the goal square, has the smarts to push his man under the ball and take it.
Nice

I thought he looked promising. Seems to have footy smarts. Obviously not a lot to take from such a small amount of game time though.

Obviously not a lot of game time. But the experience & the mark & goal will give him some confidence going forward

BrisTiger24 said:
5 touches and a goal in a quarter and a bit? Smart touches too. Not too bad for a start.
Add another goal to those stats and he's better than Vickery in a full game.