Welcome to Richmond Tyson Stengle | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond Tyson Stengle

He's got something about him.

A triple threat of Shai, Danny Boy and Tyson alongside Dusty, Jack etc will have opposition defences p!ssing their pants.

There wont be anywhere near the easy ball transition out of our forward 50 with those guys in there putting the pressure on, and all 3 know where the goals are, that'd be exciting for this old Darksider to watch.

craig said:
He's got something about him.

agree. Didn't do too much, enough to be happy, but his body language and attitude just seemed like he belonged. I fully acknowledge its just a vibe.

tigersnake said:
agree. Didn't do too much, enough to be happy, but his body language and attitude just seemed like he belonged. I fully acknowledge its just a vibe.
Good pedigree counts a lot in selecting players (and horses). Since he's related to O'Loughlin and Eddie Betts and he's had to work hard to overcome adversity as a kid then it was an excellent rookie pick. Confident there'll be a place for all three (Danny, Shai, Tyson) but perhaps not always on the ground at the same time. Be fun to watch their careers.

Lot of ifs, however if Stengle continues to impress in the smal forward role and Rioli, Castagna an Butler continue to work well as a small forward unit we maybe able to push Rioli into a more permanent midfield role.

Giardiasis said:
Bolton too CC, Rioli has to move into the midfield eventually. Signs are good.
Yep, be interesting too see who's in the 22 come round 23, they all have talent in the arae

CC TIGER said:
Yep, be interesting too see who's in the 22 come round 23, they all have talent in the arae
I'm hoping you meant to say that area and not the arse ;D

Didn't do beanie any good.

Is this bloke a chance of getting upgraded? Hearing good things about him. Could he add to our mosquito fleet? Lennon is giving us nothing in the air so why not play another quick evasive fwd?

Well done young man!

Stengle elevated

richmondfc.com.au June 15, 2017 1:53 PM

Richmond has elevated young, small forward Tyson Stengle from the rookie list to the senior list.

The Woodville-West Torrens product was the Tigers first pick, No. 6 overall, at the 2017 Rookie Draft.

The 171cm, 70kg, 18-year-old has made impressive progress with Richmond’s VFL team this season, booting 13 goals across eight matches.

The final 22 to face the Swans will be announced on richmondfc.com.au this evening at 6.25pm.

Don't know if it would have been a 'may as well...' decision, and am hoping he comes in to give George a rest while getting some experience.

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
Our forward scout must have uncovered the Swans' entomophobia.

Just need to bring Weightman back for the coin toss... :hihi

Lloyd out? He was putrid against North. Castagna and Shai to play further up the ground in more space and Stengle and Butler to stay closer to goal?