Welcome to the Tigers - Connor Menadue | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Connor Menadue

Re: Welcome to the Tiggers - Connor Menadue

I'd say it was a great grab, and we're lucky he was available at our second pick.

Welcome aboard Connor we need your pace to replace Matty White. Just need to punch through with your kicking on those short passes as those weighted kicks will murder your team mates at Senior level.

Shifter says this kid will be a star of the AFL

Shifter just likened him to Bob Murphy and I reckon he is spot-on.

Great to hear Ruanaidh. Shifter said he loves to kick a long goal and will be a star. Can't get much of a bigger wrap than that.

Welcome again Connor.

Aside from Ellis it sounds like we've addressed some issues with a lack of pace, just can't expect them to be making an impact next year unless one of them really jumps up out of the ground.

The_General said:
Great to hear Ruanaidh. Shifter said he loves to kick a long goal and will be a star. Can't get much of a bigger wrap than that.

Welcome again Connor.
He will take time but he played with my son at one stage and he has courage to match his class. He is outside but will go "where angels fear to tread" when he has to. We have got to keep an eye on his relatives as well ;) There are 2 that we should send for extended holidays overseas and we will have a great back pocket and midfielder in 2 years time ;)

the best thing about Menadue is his ability to kick long from a short step.

good to see he doesn't need a 20 minute wind up like O'Hanlon and other winger types we've had.

could be an inspired get, will watch the VFL with great interest.

kendo said:
Shifter says this kid will be a star of the AFL
Shifter knows his stuff obviously so will go with that

Rapt with this pick. We needed pace after passing on Weller.
Welcome Connor.

Menadue compliments nicely the Ellis pick.

This was our best pick of the draft based on our list needs. Somewhat saved the #12 pick on Ellis.

As Taylor walker is never known as Walker young Connor is destined to be called Connor menadue by the commentators like all players with 2 surnames ;D

Hoskin-Elliot sprang to mind from the highlights.

Rapt with this pick. Easily the highlight of our draft.

Dunno, they might have to change the gameplan with run out of the back like that :spin

Hates a goal.

Hopefully his pace is better than that reflected in the draft camp picture of Inside Football Nov. 2014, p.26

There he looks to be struggling in the beep test behind Neal-Bullen, Petracca and Pickett.

Phantom said:
Hopefully his pace is better than that reflected in the draft camp picture of Inside Football Nov. 2014, p.26

There he looks to be struggling in the beep test behind Neal-Bullen, Petracca and Pickett.

He tested reasonably well Phanto, just needs to put on some kilos. Will take 2 years minimum.

Harry said:
yep, the exact type we need. like the look of him. first instinct is to run and carry and has serious pace. also great kick on the run. could be a gun or dud but happy with this pick for the type he is.
I saw one of his games for Jets and thought he was pretty exciting. The linebreaker we have been looking for. Excellent kick as well. Can kick a long goal so wing will be his go initially.

Not great inside. But good sidestep.

Obviously needs to bulk up a lot. Hopefully works a bit harder in the gym than Shank.