Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
When Vlaustin, Broad and Balta come back in, what’s the possible DRioli going to the wing?

I reckon Dan will remain a backman after this re-programming especially if he keeps improving at this rate. Stack more likely to move forward or out before Dan

Reactions: 1 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Absolutely hate seeing Daniel on the backline... might have cost us the game today having a couple with nfi on the forward line

bringbakflemmo

Tiger Superstar
Apr 15, 2009
He’s a much better back than he is forward.
We’ve at least discovered a back an in this miserable year.

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Yelp, still looking much better back there. Stack and Rioli our two running halfbacks works for me

Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Another great game from rioli in the backline.

yeah Danny seems happier and lighter and faster.

now lets debut MRJ, and get a trifecta of good things that happened in 2021

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
OMG. Some kind of champion coming through.

A genius in the making. This is thrilling news. A huge development. But overshadowed by what Stack did.

Wow. You don't get two players breaking out like this in the same two year period, much less in the same fortnight.

New team coming.

Rioli.

STACK. Will win ground ball. And rip a game.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
The transformation Is nothing short of miraculous,
I can’t recognise the player.
In actual fact I’ve never seen that player before.
Instinctive footballer.
Wow. Where were we hiding him?

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
While Rioli looks good at half back, I wonder if he was allowed to play as a crumbing and opportunistic small forward, rather than a defensive small forward (is that still a thing that works any more?), he would be a far better performer than he has shown the last couple of years.

At the moment our problems are not small defenders, it is small forwards we need.

DS

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
While Rioli looks good at half back, I wonder if he was allowed to play as a crumbing and opportunistic small forward, rather than a defensive small forward (is that still a thing that works any more?), he would be a far better performer than he has shown the last couple of years.

At the moment our problems are not small defenders, it is small forwards we need.

DS
100% just sit him there as a Betts type. Besides MJ we lack quality deals forwards.

Reactions: 1 user

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003

DS
Some truth in that.

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Gets out marked too easily by taller forwards. You can't play Daniel, Stack and Shorty together on the backline. Recipe for disaster.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
The more I think of it the more I'm thinking the reincarnation of theTigers defence for 2022 is underway.

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
Ahh Daniel, it is pure joy watching you play across the back half. Confidence rediscovered. Now go forward and be the spark that ignites our forward half once again.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Ahh Daniel, it is pure joy watching you play across the back half. Confidence rediscovered. Now go forward and be the spark that ignites our forward half once again.
Maybe they will shift him forward again with renewed confidence next year after using him across half back to get his confidence back

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The more I think of it the more I'm thinking the reincarnation of theTigers defence for 2022 is underway.
I hope that they've got something in mind for the midfield, and the forward line for that matter.

Reactions: 1 user

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
Maybe they will shift him forward again with renewed confidence next year after using him across half back to get his confidence back
Mate we are about to get some defenders back, Stacky and Mansell are looking very good. Reckon they should pull the trigger now.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania

DS

Agree and that’s where the other Rioli comes in - hopefully he can build his tank over the off season.