Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
The bloke was outstanding against the spooners. Brilliant.

Looked shabby early but ran all game and got stronger as the game wore on. Was Houli like in his ever increasing work rate. And the line breaking.

This is a find.

Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Another one we need to wrap up contract wise.

On current form he is making Saad and Williams look like VFL half backs.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
That Danny would make a star half-back I would have thought was one of footy's more obvious notions.

Reactions: 3 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Loving his work in the backline. Is more than adequate in the air and is good defensively. Leave him in the backline. If anyone needs to be shifted it's Short. We need to find the spark and the right forward mix out of players like mrj, baker, parker, ralphsmith, edwards, lambert, even cumberland. Whatever that looks like I'm not sure but they must not go back to the george aarts and rioli well.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Strange that some are still wanting Daniel to go back to the forward line considering his significant improvement in the back line the past few weeks.

Reactions: 5 users

rensman

interpreter to the stars...
May 6, 2004
North Eastern Victoria
Dimma hasn't forgotten a certain Carlton player we traded for to get drive off the back line. Glad he's finally got his Yarran. And not just one.... A stack of them

Reactions: 1 user

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Strange that some are still wanting Daniel to go back to the forward line considering his significant improvement in the back line the past few weeks.

Agree. He's playing really good footy down back, don't mess with it.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
We need him more on the forward line. Half backs are a dime a dozen.
If we were talking about his form in 2017 I would agree. I still think he will kick some goals from the back half. They will be more in the style of just before quarter time siren 2019 AFL grand final, rather than in a pocket.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I don't buy into the "Rioli's been crap since 2017" line. He almost always performs in finals.

But he was looking burnt out up forward and is rejuvenated down back. And we see how threatening we are on the counter with the dash and delivery of Danny and Stacky.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Was our best. By some margin.
Ran hard and fast, always presented and delivered

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
Needs more metres gained and forward penetration. Lots of cheap and useless handball receives tonight

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Biggest positive to come out of a failed year IMO. Has been one of our best players for the past month in a new role. Imagine a full pre season training in that role

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Again, really good. Looks noticeably zippier. We seem to have a glut of HBFs, so will be interesting to see whether he stays there.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Sort of shows you how relatively easy it is to play half back instead of half forward. He is doing well.