Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
Contracted until the end of 2027
Plenty of contracted players ask for a trade and get their wish. Soldo, Higgins etc. Players usually get their wish but Tigers would ask for the world and more if this happened to be true.

Gut feel says he wouldn't leave Punt Rd.

Reactions: 1 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Dan definitely got caught out judging by his reaction.

The fact that he even visited their facilities rings alarm bells.

Reactions: 1 user

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Will cost a bit coin.
Thought Suns had no room in their salary cap

right now suns have pick 8 (pies), 11 (theirs) and 20 (lolnorf) - that’s not going to look that good comes seasons ends - maybe 3 late-ish first round picks

nah - prefer Rioli play 250 games for the tigers

Reactions: 2 users

tired'lilah

Tiger Cub
Oct 23, 2023
I'm shocked y'all seem so keen on keeping him, imo he's only played 1 really good game so far this year

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Why would Richmond players need to tour the facilities at the Gold Goast?

The Tigers hubbed there and played most of their games there?

Pretty sure we would've had a pretty handy look at the facilities then .....................................................

The danger for the RFC is hanging onto the young Premiership players who've known no other coach or predominately really only known success.

This covers players like Daniel, Short, Baker, Noah Balta and Shai.

They might not be interested in playing for a bottom side going forward and will be perfect targets for suitors with cheque books.

Daniel has 3 years to go on his contract.

I'm not concerned ........... but we will see.

Last edited:

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
lol - laughable in a way. If he actually wanted to go, we’d hold Gold Coast over a barrel. Two first rounders or star player & first rounder.

Little likelihood given his contract.

Feb 25, 2007
Dan definitely got caught out judging by his reaction.

The fact that he even visited their facilities rings alarm bells.

We can't say for sure whether he visited their facilities that's just speculation by the media and his reaction is *smile* is a normal reaction to have that look when media are in your face. I wouldn't read too much into that.

I don't want to lose a player of his ilk but we'll know by year's end if it was just a holiday or something sinister from Dimma and the suns

He is contracted until 2027

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Why would Richmond players need to tour the facilities at the Gold Goast?

The Tigers hubbed there and played most of their games there?

Pretty sure we would've had a pretty handy look at the facilities then .....................................................

The danger for the RFC is hanging onto the young Premiership players who've known no other coach or predominately known success.

This covers players like Daniel, Short, Baker, Noah Balta and Shai.

They might not be interested in playing for a bottom side going forward and will be perfect targets for suitors with cheque books.

Daniel has 3 years to go on his contract.

I'm not concerned ........... but we will see.
Not good for morale if he did. Oooz would be livid if the club wasn't informed.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Seems like a grubby media doorstop.

Someone leaves Melbourne’s shitty weather for some sun that is a Richmond player.