Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I think the things that swayed him from Geelong were the extra $s we offered as well as the length of contract. There’s no way the Cats would have put 7 years on the table. Got the impression from the interview he did yesterday that his partner may have preferred the proximity to the city, rather than Moe by the Sea.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
I think the things that swayed him from Geelong were the extra $s we offered as well as the length of contract. There’s no way the Cats would have put 7 years on the table. Got the impression from the interview he did yesterday that his partner may have preferred the proximity to the city, rather than Moe by the Sea.

Playing with Taranto may have been another factor

Reactions: 4 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
That’s the thing , not everyone thinks a lifestyle in Geelong is perfect , plenty of young couples love the inner city melb hipster suburbs and what’s on offer there, particularly if you have the financial budget like these guys do.

Reactions: 1 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
That’s the thing , not everyone thinks a lifestyle in Geelong is perfect , plenty of young couples love the inner city melb hipster suburbs and what’s on offer there, particularly if you have the financial budget like these guys do.
Exactly the sand and surf isn't everyone's cup of tea.
They can stick there shark infected beaches up there asses always preferred Sorrento

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Hopper and Taranto's bulk, almost 90kg's is going to come in handy in the midfield, they'll be no pushovers.

Reactions: 6 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
It happened again last night on fox when they went over each clubs trade period.
Without any bias, I've had non stop messages since mid Tuesday and basically my messages have been 'how good are we going to be'
But last night, the usual talkative David J King muted himself when it came time to speak about Richmond's 2022 Draft Haul.
But he was very vocal on Geelongs & Brisbane's haul. All of a sudden the inclusions of the 5th best defender & GIO retirement plan moving to Brisbane, he has them as favourite for the flag. He just brushed over the small issue that they almost concede 1000 points a game.
The Port love is extraordinary, they have lost nearly ever pick in this year's draft and next year and brought in a 17 yr with a chip on his shoulder and a bloke that struggles to get fit enough.
I feel sorry for both boys, but i'm shocked with the reporting of Taranto. Apparently he is a shocking kick, he isn't as good & he stinks too.
These issues weren't a concern when Essendon and Collingwood were talking to him, but as soon he said the devils word, RICHMOND, he instantly became a dud.
That's one thing the boys will need to get used to, they need to sit down and a have a chat with Prestia.
Because Prestia is in the top 5 best midfielders in the comp but the media don't think so, even with those 3 shinny medals around his neck.
The success of Caddy, Lynch, Nakas & Prestia is the envy of soooo many kids at other clubs, we will be a destination club for a very long time.
If they still are unsure have a chat with T.Lynch. Didn't Hawks & Pies fans turn once they realised T.Browne was full of it from the start.

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Impressive interview and an impressive guy, speaks very well and has a great attitude.

Lets hope he gets a great run at it without injuries and both he and TT should make a huge contribution going forward.

Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I don’t want to moz The Hop , however I really believe the footy world underrates how good this bloke is , as the kids say now “ absolute Jet” , perfect midfielder to build our midfield around over the next 5 years .

Though I’m a tad concerned considering Derm is as bigger fan as I :oops:

Reactions: 4 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
I don’t want to moz The Hop , however I really believe the footy world underrates how good this bloke is , as the kids say now “ absolute Jet” , perfect midfielder to build our midfield around over the next 5 years .

Though I’m a tad concerned considering Derm is as bigger fan as I :oops:
He used to (or still does) work with the GWS Club when these guys were arriving at the Club & knows their game better than most.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Hopper looks like Kane Cornes, there I said it, and it can't be unsaid
Lets hope the Grasshopper achieves a career 300 games and at least as many premierships to round out his time at Tiger land. Then the similarities will be very uncanny.