Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper

Hop on SEN now

"Richmond is a club I've admired from afar...."

Duz sounds like a good adviser for us. Later career... :mhihi

Reactions: 2 users
It does seem ironic that players of a club who twice experienced traumatic finals against Richmond at the MCG in front of 98,000 rabid tiger fans have chosen Richmond.

Reactions: 1 users
Both.
They had him on to talk about the Grundy trade but Lloyd asked him how did the Hopper trade go down.
DeRazio said other clubs offered the same deal in yrs etc but Jacob chose RFC..
Then he said he knows Kano whinges about long term deals. Kano responded that he hasn't got an issue the player getting 6yrs it's the club he more worried about.
Maybe if kane takes a step back and realises that 700k in 5yrs time will be the equivalent of a 500k deal.
With the TPP going up every year.
Players in 2028-2030 will be on an average of 500-550k
Top players could easily be on 1.5-2.0 mil a season.
But he doesn't want to hear that
I would be loathed to see any player earning that much.
People on Struggle Street with families are expected to be happy to be ripped off royally. These sorts of contracts will make the game even more elitist, ensuring that it is all about TV and less about going to the game.
Some perspective is needed here if we want to provide any semblance of a viewing spectacle that is financially accessible for all supporters.
Not all player payments are covered by TV rights.

Reactions: 2 users
Imagine the child like like giiggling and excitement that Hopper and Taranto must be sharing right now.

Reactions: 3 users
Screams leader. WIll be in the leadership group at some stage.

You hear mail on blokes and these two fit the no DH policy that DH has instigated.

Reactions: 11 users
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but you really have to judge a trade at the time it was made.

Players traded in can get injured, draft picks can be duds, and they too can get injured.

We will all be much wiser about getting in 2 players from GWS in a year or two, but the trade period is now and the trades should be judged on what the situation is now.

Great trade, we have a weakness in midfield and this addresses our need. We have a year or a few left in a fair number of our stars: Cotch, Jack, Martin, Lynch, Grimes, et al and they will need replacing over the next 5 years. So, we address our current need, and we plan to address future needs over the next couple of years. Combine this with the haul of 5 draft picks last year and you can see there was planning involved. This is not a half hearted effort to address our needs, it is a full blown get 2 players in and really go for it. Sure there are risks, but you gotta take risks.

Even if this doesn't work it is still a great trade, you have to judge it on how everything looks now, in the current trade period.

DS
The way i see it which is along your lines.
Cotch(Pick 2)=Taranto(Pick2)
Dusty(Pick3)=Hopper(Pick7)
Can't win a flag without the elite.Not saying both are like for like but they're close too it.We're not getting that with pick 12 & F1.

Reactions: 5 users