Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
He’s no superstar but he’s not as bad as people are making out.
The concern is his durability not his speed. Cripps a perfect example of the player we were hoping he could be but he can’t get any continuity going.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
Not all decisions in life work out....who knows maybe he will play a big part in our next flag success....no need to hurry with him now.

Greenie

Tiger Rookie
Mar 15, 2014
i.e. Wouldn't make Sydney's current midfield even at his best.
Maybe but did make their midfield and was there for long enough and made the AA squad as a part of their midfield before the injury. Good argument to say we should have looked at the injury a lot more critically.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
We saw on the weekend a quicker Richmond team that tamed a lightening quick Swans outfit. Even when Hopper returns I don't think he's an automatic inclusion until he strings great performances together at VFL level. Speed is the future.
But Speedy Gonzales Graham is back this week
In A Hurry Goodbye GIF by Looney Tunes

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Terrible trade that cost us potential A graders. Not sure how we extract the most out of this deal. If he is surrounded by some quick outside run to negate his slow legs he could work as a bull type at the contest. Outside of that i really cannot see where Hopper fits into this side atm. Reality is he has now become a backup to Taranto. Should only play if Tim is injured.
I saw him play for GWS he was as good as Green but he has been cruelled by injury the minute he walked through the doors at Punt Rd.
We were all singing the minute we found out he selected to play for us.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Got to be honest when Yze said we were getting Hopper back after the bye I can't say it made me happy.
Hope not but just can't help but feel this is going to be a journey of frustration.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Given his injury record I hope we bring him back slowly. And keep him on the park.

FWIW I don't rate this bloke a genuine mid. I think his inside game is patchy and his ball use is poor under pressure.

His best game for us was "enormous" (Dogwick) when we moved him behind the ball and let him zone. And he got a look before he used. He can hit targets if he gats a look.

His future is wing or behind the ball mid IMO. And he can be very good at that stuff if we keep him on the park. Change mid. If he plays.

Reactions: 2 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Hope I'm wrong but I see Hopper being included against the Dees, playing 2-3 weeks regaining his fitness, and then re-injuring himself.

Rinse, repeat.

I just don't have any confidence in his durability.

Reactions: 6 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Hope I'm wrong but I see Hopper being included against the Dees, playing 2-3 weeks regaining his fitness, and then re-injuring himself.

Rinse, repeat.

It’s a pity because if he is fit I still think he is a much better player than many are giving him credit for
Last year before he got injured he had played a cracking game the week before and was playing really well against Geelong when it happened.
I thought he started the season quite well this year in the 2 games he played
We need him

Reactions: 9 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004

Rinse, repeat.

It certainly feels like this. And that’s why I hope that when he proves his fitness he’s given an extra week off so that when he returns he’s 100% fit.

Webbie26

Tiger Rookie
May 17, 2023
If we rush him in then were doomed and the fitness staff need to go immediately needs 2 week training block or he will do a calf bookmark it

phanevski

Tiger Cub
Feb 11, 2017
If we rush him in then were doomed and the fitness staff need to go immediately needs 2 week training block or he will do a calf bookmark it
What do you think players do when they are injured, sit on their arse and play playstation and not move? Of course he would have been working and training which is the reason he is now available.

Last edited:

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
What do you think players do when they are injured, sit on their arse and play playstation and not move? Of course he would have been working and training which is the reason he is now available.
If not playstation maybe it xbox?
All around the country there are footy players doing rehab and building their fitness back up