Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I noticed Ooze let it slip "we're having problems with our scans"......what could that actually mean??

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I am not commenting on the injury, plenty of others doing that.
The thing for me was his loss of the field was massive. At the ground you could see what a difference he made in the middle. To me he wasn’t just the best midfielder on the field to halftime he was probably BOG.
When we lost him you could see the difference it made around the ball.
That’s what is so disappointing to me, he is a very good player who would be massive for us if he stayed on the park.

Reactions: 27 users

wammo

We're from Tigerland
May 16, 2007
I have a different perspective.
I know he got a lot of ball, but I thought he was fumbly and pretty poor with his disposal tonight. Looked like his touch was off and he was struggling a bit with the speed of the game.

I hope when he comes back it’s through the Magoos.
Gives him an easier run into it allowing his body a chance to adjust, plus, it seems to me, that he’s one of those players who takes a week or two to get his ball handling and a feel for the speed of the game up to scratch.

Reactions: 1 users

Mantikorr

Tiger Superstar
Apr 26, 2006
I know he got a lot of ball, but I thought he was fumbly and pretty poor with his disposal tonight. Looked like his touch was off and he was struggling a bit with the speed of the game.

Gives him an easier run into it allowing his body a chance to adjust, plus, it seems to me, that he’s one of those players who takes a week or two to get his ball handling and a feel for the speed of the game up to scratch.
I reckon that's a pretty fair assessment. He got his hands on it really well, just disposal let him down. He's had his best games for us after playing a few in a row, just keeps getting injured in them and has to start over again. And again. And again. If he gets a good string of games together he'll be worth the price we paid

Reactions: 1 user

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014

My perspective is that the problem is footy continuity and team continuity. The more games he plays with his team mates the quicker the movement, the less 2nd guesses and the better connection.
Dow Baker Pickett Hopper Graham isn't the midfield we would ve trained in preseason.

Its a shame he got injured because we need him out there and the more he plays the better he/we get

Reactions: 1 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Also he seemed to get the injury earlier, in our forward line.
About 2 mins before the tv commentstors mentioned it.
Crazy. Risk he tears it badly

• Angry
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Stunning the number of injuries we've had unrelated to the previous injury the first game back. That doesn't seem unlucky, it seems like questionable conditioning & preparation. Ooze's cryptic 'scans' comment was as critical as he'll get publicly. He must be as frustrated as any of us.

Re Hopper he was playing decent footy before the injury. I just think like Dion sadly his body is becoming unreliable to the point where getting through games or a season is less likely than likely & that makes him a liability.

Reactions: 2 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
I noticed Ooze let it slip "we're having problems with our scans"......what could that actually mean??
‘ hopefully it’s short term, touch wood , because we’ve been having some problems with the results of our scans and stuff’.

Could have been referring to interpretation?

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
If Yze is hinting at diagnostic failure

And the club as a whole is aware

This might explain some of Hopper’s obvious frustration.

richards42

making the crowd roar
Sep 15, 2005
Gold Coast
What happened to the old days where players would come back thru the "two's" and play limited minutes to make sure they are right to go when they come back into the "ones".
I really hope they do this with Dion.

Reactions: 6 users

NZtiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 1, 2008
Wellington
It’s a shame because he certainly makes a difference when he’s had a run of games. To anyone saying offload him is dreaming as no one else will take on the risk. He’s with us for a long time.

Hopefully new conditioning staff will be in place for next season and we can get some return for this trade.

Reactions: 4 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Also he seemed to get the injury earlier, in our forward line.
About 2 mins before the tv commentstors mentioned it.
Crazy. Risk he tears it badly
Yze explained this. He said Hopper had never had a hammy before and was also wearing a knee bandage for the first time and he initially thought it was something h to do with the knee bandage.
It was Hopps himself who said that he was ok