Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Pickett's success as a ruck can't be measured against a 3rd game, 3rd string ruckman but as at least a one off it was a genius coaching move last night.
I was actually shocked by how high he could jump. Also very handy as an extra mid at the fall of the ball. Flexibility is one of Marlion's great strengths.

Reactions: 1 users

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Pickett's success as a ruck can't be measured against a 3rd game, 3rd string ruckman but as at least a one off it was a genius coaching move last night.
I was actually shocked by how high he could jump. Also very handy as an extra mid at the fall of the ball. Flexibility is one of Marlion's great strengths.

Agreed. Also showed off his ability in the contest.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
CCJ must've watched that game last night head in hands. Like some others on our list would be on 50 games at many other clubs. Max Gawn next week and would silly to ruck Marlion on Max.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
should be dropped.

cant kick, bumps when he should tackle, unreliable down back.

its wing or bust

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
True. But his success should also only be assessed on his pinch hitting. Obviously nobody is saying or expecting him to be our new number 1 ruck. On that basis, signs are very good. His ability and unorthodoxy make it a real unsettling wildcard move.

And as I said, the move was made on the basis of his past success in the role in the WAFL, there was well and truly method in it.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
I can see merit with him playing as an inside mid but reckon his greatest value is owning territory and closing down space on the wing. Both on the ground and in the air. He's like a cheetah waiting to pounce on an unsuspecting gazelle.

Reactions: 3 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Showed another sting to his bow last night as a pinch hitting ruckman.
Have posted before that I thought he was the perfect replacement for Prestia when he did his hammy. I ike him on the wing, but I like him in the midfield more.

Last edited:

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Is it asking too much that he does a career best tackle on Clayton Oliver next Saturday night , flags will already be at half mast

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Was good.

His goal was a result of his hard hits on players over the past 12 months. He scared Hill into dropping the mark and took full advantage.

Yes - saw that - Hill heard feet of the Marlion approach and he basically just said here take the footy.....

Easily Marlion‘s second best game for us and has proved he can play anywhere on the ground.

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Majestic beast!

Attachments

• 08E82759-FC2A-4206-94B2-C94AA6F5EB9E.jpeg
    08E82759-FC2A-4206-94B2-C94AA6F5EB9E.jpeg
    57.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users