Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
On second thoughts, I don't want Shorty on the wing. We need him central and accessible. We probably don't want to shift Broad. If we want to move Marlion inside (I think I do) it's either Hugo or George to the wing.

Reactions: 1 users

BiddiscombeSkills

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 2, 2005
On second thoughts, I don't want Shorty on the wing. We need him central and accessible. We probably don't want to shift Broad. If we want to move Marlion inside (I think I do) it's either Hugo or George to the wing.
George on a wing could work. Excellent overhead, great running, good link player.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
It still mystifies a little. Made his debut in a Grand Final playing on ball but has barely had a run in their since (except for some misguided ruck attempts)

Reactions: 3 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
i reckon if we want Pickett in the middle it is pretty easy, and Hugo takes over his wing. he and Kmac can play about 85% game time on the wing, and Pickett, ShEdwards and/or another runner can fill in the other 30% of game time.

Reactions: 3 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Agree. Our ageing mids need help at the drop of the ball - we've been beat up around the contest by Port and Swans in the last couple games. Short's helped out some but we need more and unfortunately our young mids in the 2's aren't stepping up. Some more re-shuffling (ie Stack back, Baker mid/fwd and Hugo wing, Marlion mid etc) could provide a boost of energy our midfield set up needs.
Use him as second ruck -
Solves more than one problem

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
i reckon if we want Pickett in the middle it is pretty easy, and Hugo takes over his wing. he and Kmac can play about 85% game time on the wing, and Pickett, ShEdwards and/or another runner can fill in the other 30% of game time.
Have to try this.
That’s why he was recruited. Tough midfielder.
That’s why he made his debut in the 19 GF on top of his VFL performance in the 19 GF.

Play him in the middle. He will not let us down.

This is just to reminds us as to his attributes!

I guess you can tell I love what he brings, the way he plays, dual sided and his toughness.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
It still mystifies a little. Made his debut in a Grand Final playing on ball but has barely had a run in their since (except for some misguided ruck attempts)
It’s so true. I’m keen on him getting a run in the midfield. Hugo, Tom Brown, Sonsie, Clarke could all play that wing role at times. Now everyone is going to talk about having the tank required in our system for the wing. But you can rotate these blokes through the wings off the bench, off a flank. It’s about moving Marlion to a position that can benefit the team most and seeing what we can nurture on the wings.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
It’s so true. I’m keen on him getting a run in the midfield. Hugo, Tom Brown, Sonsie, Clarke could all play that wing role at times. Now everyone is going to talk about having the tank required in our system for the wing. But you can rotate these blokes through the wings off the bench, off a flank. It’s about moving Marlion to a position that can benefit the team most and seeing what we can nurture on the wings.

Maybe we already have the big midfielder we want already at the club. Do we therefore target Amon as a FA? Play a mix of Kmac, Amon, Hugo and Banks as wings next year?

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Maybe we already have the big midfielder we want already at the club. Do we therefore target Amon as a FA? Play a mix of Kmac, Amon, Hugo and Banks as wings next year?
I don't mind Amon, he runs. He uses the ball really well. If we are willing to move Marlion into the middle, Amon makes sense.

We have the cash. He will be 27 in round one next year. Will probably want 4 or 5 years. If you can get him at three years, that would be better.

Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
I don't mind Amon, he runs. He uses the ball really well. If we are willing to move Marlion into the middle, Amon makes sense.

We have the cash. He will be 27 in round one next year. Will probably want 4 or 5 years. If you can get him at three years, that would be better.
No fken way. Amon is a dud.
If there's only 2 or 3 players from Port we need its Bulters, Drew or Houston. The rest are rubbish

Last edited:

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

As usual, all we hear is Cartoon's onto him. Brown paper bags back in action.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
AFL site had Marlion as a possible inclusion for this weeks game.

Kane Lambert should be first cab off the rank to replace Martin, while Marlion Pickett, Jack Ross and Jason Castanga all wait in the wings.

• Haha

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

Kane Lambert should be first cab off the rank to replace Martin, while Marlion Pickett, Jack Ross and Jason Castanga all wait in the wings.

Yeah I saw that too, who did they think was wearing Number 50 and roaming the wings of the MCG last week.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015

That's why the AFL are such a well run setup. ... they pay the plebs over there the big bucks for real time journalism.
Obviously whoever wrote it has been over on big footy trolling the general population!