Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

Absolute liability. Plays WAFL speed at AFL. Give a kid a go. Couldn’t give a stuff about father son in 10 years
Agree. I still don't know what all the hype back in 2019 was about him. Proved nothing in 5 seasons.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Why go after him> Had it 18 times and at least is involved amongst the occasional brain fade. There are bigger issues. MJO 4 disposals, Mansell wtf, KmAc ,

Dow only had it 16 times... There is nobody pushing Pickett out

Reactions: 3 users
Gets pinged for breathing.
Holds the ball as long as Cripps, Cripps are called play on, where Pickett is pinged immediately.
Dropped a sitter which was embarrassing but I thought he looked at his best when he went into the ruck.

Reactions: 8 users
Definitely some stupid calls on here tonight. Pickett works his arse off. He sometimes let's ambition override ability when under pressure but I can forgive that because chances are he's put his body on the line to get at the footy. Any suggestion that this bloke hears footsteps can GAG entirely F. He drops pack marks, but he has to put himself in the pack in the 1st place. That's massive courage given his frame. Sure Bakes does it too. But Bakes is an animal. Do I wish his clever handballs would hit targets more, yup. But he's worth his spot. No doubt.

Reactions: 16 users
What people haven’t figured out, if he’s losing the ball without using his first option, they have missed the point in that at least he is getting to the ball or the contest where it is… a few times he did the hard yards and had no option in the next link… couple of brain fades, but more than serviceable

Reactions: 5 users
Came to the party in Q3 but that was about it.
He was good in the third term. Had an impact when he went into the ruck.
Made a lot of errors but also did some good things too. The players tonight had to work harder than usual to cover injuries so I forgive a lot of the errors.
Some commentary here just harsh.

Reactions: 4 users
By and large older players take longer to work into form. I am by no means a blind Marlion fan but I thought he was on schedule for mid-March.

As at 14/03/24 Marlion is three lengths behind KMac. Business as usual IMO.

Reactions: 2 users
Thought he was ok tonight , was crucial in the third , had his usual “ fades” , for me we need better , sadly this was one of his better Games over the past couple of seasons , do we have better on the list , not sure , however I’d rather let a Clarke have his wing , the 22 needs change

He busted a left nut last night and the pricks torched him all night.
He was ok At least he did something

Reactions: 5 users
He makes mistakes but (and KMac too for that matter) get to contest after contest and just don't stop working. Wouldn't mind seeing him tried as a tagger, but perhaps that's not in our team plan.

He's important in the team. incredible work rate. does magical things. does weird things.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
there was a significant chasm between marlions best and worst last night.

The thing I dont get, is 4 out of the 5 times hes attended a centre bounce in his afl career,

he clears it.

80% clearance rate. its like Auction data for Wategoes beach.

just *smile* play him in the middle and watch him do that gliding, slow motion magic clearance *smile*, that makes everyone else look like befuddled cartoon characters rubbing their eyes

pretty much every Brownlow medalist for the last 30 years, gets centre clearances and bangs it on the boot. roosts it inside 50.

what am I missing?

Reactions: 12 users