Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Its out there TMan. I saw it on one of the "non-afl" channel news programs. Must have taken their feed from someone other than Ch7. Dusty, facing the goal, turns his head to the left and does a "how you doin" chin raise and then sends the ball off one step.
Thanks Jimmy, i'll see if i can find it.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerTribe5

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 14, 2010
need to get hi to 100 games, his boys look the goods !!

On another note, how good was the interaction between him & Grigga, sensational

Definitely Taz - noticed a bit of talent there in the middle of the confetti for sure!

OMG I just watched Grigga’s jumper presentation to Marlion on the RFC website - inspirational!
A great choice to get Grigga to do it and an inspirational speech. Gave me goosebumps and a tear in the eye for the first time this week - not like 2017 at all!

Reactions: 2 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
We are seriously trolling the rest of the comp when we pick up Lynch Stack and Pickett for nothing then win the flag by almost record margin. lol.

:rotfl2

If we get another 100 games or 1 it's irrelevant. This story will never be replicated. Ever.

Pickett's 2020 is already one of the biggest subplots of a season that hasn't even started.

I'm just enjoying the ride from here. It's gravy.

We've already heard people suggest his story is worthy of a movie. and why not? it has to be one of the best stories in the history of the game. expect to see him dominating the "don't believe in never" AFL promos next year.

Reactions: 1 users

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004

We've already heard people suggest his story is worthy of a movie. and why not? it has to be one of the best stories in the history of the game. expect to see him dominating the "don't believe in never" AFL promos next year.
Yep going to write a book about it. B Goddard offering to help out considering his other book idea went so well....

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014

Get Tarantino to do it, add a bit of flavour. Guest appearance from Toby biting on an eyeball.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
It was a bizarre comment from Sheedy ie that picking a debutant infers that you’ve got the game won.

With that logic every time a team picks a debutant they’re inferring that they’ve got the game won.

Sheedy wants all debuts to be banned from playing GWS.

• Haha

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Both Pickett and Lynch with solid pre-seasons will give us something special to look forward to but consider this...When Pickett came to us he had a finger injury but he could still run so our fitness guys would have given him a few months of a mini-preseason to bring him up to a very good level even before playing his VFL games. And Lynch was doing all he could to get fit and play games since Feb so hats off to our fitness guys who have done an amazing job with them. I doubt they are actually a long way back right now so they won't need to be run into the ground over Nov/Dec/Jan. These days clubs monitor training loads and recovery so well that you don't hear many issues with shin soreness, etc. I expect these two, along with many other players, will have a program to maintain what they've got until the team gets back together. Our recruiters and fitness guys are setting the standard for other clubs to follow. So proud to follow this great club.

Reactions: 4 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
It was a bizarre comment from Sheedy ie that picking a debutant infers that you’ve got the game won.

With that logic every time a team picks a debutant they’re inferring that they’ve got the game won.

did he say that? Sounds like Sheeds has a guru/ irrelevancy complex. Loves a good story when it suits him, pours water on it when it doesn't.

another thing, gotta tip my hat to BT, his call on Marlion's blind turn has superb, great moment, great call, like the act itself, the words ''it was like magic in slooow mowtion' will be etched in my brain forever.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
did he say that? Sounds like Sheeds has a guru/ irrelevancy complex. Loves a good story when it suits him, pours water on it when it doesn't.

Sheedy has no doubt done some great things in and for footy. .... but it's a 2way street and he's made PLENTY out of it. Quite possibly after Eddie, the industry's greatest self promoter.

Would love Dimma to get a couple more flags within a few years and when he knows he's done he walks of his own volition.

They're that dumb at Essendon, they're still paying 300k to a bloke who continuously screwed them over and had to be dragged kicking and screaming out the door!

Reactions: 3 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
It’s been said before I’m sure, but Andy Collins and Carlton have inadvertently played important roles in both of our recent flags.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Loved the answer he gave Daisy in the post game interviews. From memory so the wording could be a tad wrong.

D: When did you start to feel at home and relaxed out there?
M: When I first ran out there.

The best bit is that you could see he wasn't taking the *smile* or being funny. It was a dead set straight answer.

Reactions: 5 users

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
I'm pretty sure the apple won't be falling far from the tree with the special gifts Marlion Pickett has!
99 games to go and we have first dibs on his already impressive brood.

• Love

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Loved the answer he gave Daisy in the post game interviews. From memory so the wording could be a tad wrong.

D: When did you start to feel at home and relaxed out there?
M: When I first ran out there.

The best bit is that you could see he wasn't taking the **** or being funny. It was a dead set straight answer.

loved it, then ended the interview 'thank you'

Daisy: when did you start to feel at home and relaxed?
Marlion: When I first ran out...........Thank you.

the best :cupgold

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Pope Figgy will be out there looking for Marlion MK II

Yep I also PMSL when he said he was calm and relaxed as soon as he ran out lol...... how cool was that loved it.

Cop that daisy thank you ...... lol.

Marlion and Stacky and Soldoman even Chol.

How many cult heroes can a club uncover in one season ??

Maybe we should just take the pisss completely and grab Bennell and get him flying as well.

Could you just imagine our midfield ......... the lols would be unrivalled as would be the tears and venom spitting from the rest of the comp.

• Haha

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
It’s been said before I’m sure, but Andy Collins and Carlton have inadvertently played important roles in both of our recent flags.

Yeah we got Grigg who got us Marlion.

But also get a leg up and get to start the season with 4 points too playing the Bloos in the opener which doesnt hurt either ha ha ha

• Haha

PowerForward

Tiger Cub
Mar 26, 2005
Melbourne

another thing, gotta tip my hat to BT, his call on Marlion's blind turn has superb, great moment, great call, like the act itself, the words ''it was like magic in slooow mowtion' will be etched in my brain forever.
I've got to admit, BT did a much better commentary this year than 2017. He's actually getting better! Well done BT