Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
We don’t know how hard the last few months have been for him and his family. Consistency of footy, that’s what he needs.

Silk. Will come good in the next few weeks.

Reactions: 5 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
We don’t know how hard the last few months have been for him and his family. Consistency of footy, that’s what he needs.

Silk. Will come good in the next few weeks.

Yeh it would have been tough. And it isn't hard to think that perhaps he thought he had to be something even more special in 2020 after all the deserved publicity and congratulations over his 2019 GF performance. That might be why he is trying to do too much and not just playing his role.

There is no doubt he is capable, perhaps he needs to place less pressure on himself. Upon reflection I hope they give him the opportunity to just do his role.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Rioli and Graham need to be considered also.

Saints have Marshall and Ryder might be worth bringing CJ or Nank back.

Or maybe even Noah at the least to pinch hit as a point of difference around the ground.

Flea74

Tiger Rookie
Aug 10, 2004
Horsham
would like to see him off a hbf like he played in the WAFL before Tim Kelly left... that might be a better fit at this stage.

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
We have other players who are performing at a higher level at half back so why kick them out?

Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
We have other players who are performing at a higher level at half back so why kick them out?
Yes, one of them being Shorty, who played a really good game in my eyes. Won contested balls, held marks and kicked pretty well as usual - 18 x Ds (11/7), with 7 x Ms and 414 m/g, DE% 88.9.
Not sure if his critics have noted though.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
One more week, need a vastly improved effort, needs to work harder defensively.

Not hard to understand why he’s struggling, incredibly hard last six months off the ground.

Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
One more week, need a vastly improved effort, needs to work harder defensively.

Not hard to understand why he’s struggling, incredibly hard last six months off the ground.

Yes, maybe, and maybe some posters missed that he only played about 50% game time against the mudpies. But I hated seeing him running the other way from our goals, burn Cotch, only to run into a heap of trouble. Caught, turnover, easy goal to I.Smith that just took our momentum away again. Poor Cotch had to turn around and run back to chase Smith futilely.
Shai did the same thing in game 2 when he ignored Lambert who was bursting into our F50. Instead hogged the ball going for glory, had to swing out wide and right. Just lobbed it into the goal-square where Castagna made a strange marking attempt. Rushed point. Lambert was in a far position to goal and give us a win perhaps.
Hated seeing both those efforts - selfish footy. Not the Richmond way. If you think you can take them all on at AFL level, you've been drinking your own bathwater.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
If I may have a moment of self indulgence, can I claim it would be midway through a normal season?

Alright, alright you told us ;)
Covid-19 has caused Marlion to have a bigger interruption than most. When the season got put on hold he shifted the family back to Wa, and then had a couple of house moves during that time.
He has also had well documented financial struggles due to his contractual status. Thats not an excuse but a possible reason for his average form.
He's a fighter, I'll back him in to take it on the chin and come back better.

Reactions: 3 users

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Wondering if all these black lives protests and the focus on aboriginal disadvantage has had an unsettling effect on Marlion and Daniel, effecting their form?